Wireless guitar systems.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Wireless guitar systems.
« on: 2 May 2013, 11:56 am »
So I have been wanting to go wireless for some time now. Finally started looking seriously after my wife nearly tripped ( before cocktails) over my cable the other day. Black cable on dark carpet.

I found that some really nice gear is out there and so were the prices. I did find this http://fresh.amazon.com/product?asin=B000UVCRQ4&qid=109437671&rank=19&sr=1-19&tag=img.

Reviews on this were pretty good and the price was far less than I was prepaired to pay so I ordered one up.
Showed up yesterday. So I got everything set up and this works very well! Range is very good.....I was able to go about 150 feet and it was still working. This does not need line of sight to work. Signal will go through walls with no problem.

I used this for a typical, for me, practice session of an hour. Tone is as good as when using cable.
The receiver is fairly small and sits nicely on my amp.

The body pack is about the same size as my Samsung phone, just a bit thicker and uses a 9 volt battery.  It has a belt clip but I'm not sure if I like that part so much. I'm thinking of mounting this to the guitar. Not sure if you could buy additional bodypacks. Build quality seems decent especially at this price point.

Anyone else gone wireless?