New digital wonder amp from BlackStar, can make any tone, but does not model.

Rclark

Three years ago I saw a show where a guy was missing a finger and with this powder they grew a finger on him where the nub once was. Fingernail, hair and all. The body just knew what to do. Some kind of stem cell tech. I haven't heard anything about it since, which is amazing. It was on discovery or science channel.

penguinpaul

Sorry to go back on topic..  :wink: .. but over here in the UK, Blackstar amps are immensely popular, as much as Fender or Marshall. Their valve amps are terrific. However, I'd also be skeptical about the system for emulating tubes.
Every amp maker is always saying they've done it, but they never sound as good. Peavey had/have a system called TransTube, but they never sound, or act the same as valve amps.
The only advantage of the Blackstar is that it'll be a properly loud 60 watts! And it'll probably be better than a normal Solid state amp.

Finally, I have to say blackstar aren't my cup of tea at all - they're geared for high gain and rock and metal. I prefer a bluesy sound, just a bit of crunch, and they just don't do it as well as others. (All my opinion of course!)

Rclark

You're over there, go listen and report back :)

penguinpaul

You're over there, go listen and report back :)

As soon as the local shops get them I will! Haven't seen one yet, they're still fairly new over here too.  8)

Rclark

Awesome. You can verify. Please clear your mind of bias before you go though. It's easy to walk in thinking "solid state grumble grumble never been a good one grumble grumble where's the amp I hate it already".

:D

Yeah they were supposed to be available on the 4th. Not sure what the hold up is.  I've contacted everyone.

penguinpaul

Awesome. You can verify. Please clear your mind of bias before you go though. It's easy to walk in thinking "solid state grumble grumble never been a good one grumble grumble where's the amp I hate it already".

:D

Yeah they were supposed to be available on the 4th. Not sure what the hold up is.  I've contacted everyone.

My current amp is actually fully solid state (It's a Hiwatt) and I love it, so I don't think that all solid state amps are bad  :lol:
It is a bit harder to get a clean with a bit of crunch sound though. Will be interesting to see how the Blackstar emulates that slight break up.
Going to visit the local shop that's a Blackstar dealer, hopefully next week. Will report back if they have it   :P