🍒 Desktop Maraschino VIDEO REVIEW
« Reply #241 on: 5 Jun 2020, 09:06 pm »
Video review of Desktop Maraschinos:
https://youtu.be/U4TpFf54ZzY

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Comments about Golden Cherry amps driving LRS and eventually Zu Dirty Weekends (plus photos):
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=154805.msg1807918#msg1807918

nodari

🍒 Desctop Maraschino STM Review
« Reply #243 on: 4 Aug 2020, 08:13 pm »

I somehow got attracted with a promo info that I have received from
Tommy some moths ago. I was looking for a class D amp for me. After a closer look
at his amps and some email exchange with him, I got a feeling that he is lovely
involved in his production and I felt that his words were real and convincing.
Then I thought, perhaps, a Cherry amp could be a good choice for me.
Also motivated by the promo, I have
ordered a few Cherry products including Desktop Stereo Integrated Maraschino
(STM). I did not know what I could expect from such a compact and light amp, but was
indeed curious to check how it sounds (and there was a trial period). Besides the
promo price, this amp had some obvious attractive features for me: it is small,
light, energy efficient and integrated, and if one does not have many sources, it
could potentially be a perfect choice. I looked for this amp for my second studio
system with Thiel bookshelf speakers, and I need just two inputs, one
for streaming from my laptop while I am working (I use iFi Zen DAC) and the other
for my CD player/transport (the front input of STM is very useful so that you have
actually two inputs).

So what about the sound? In my case, it took some months this amp to sound at
its best. I am deeply involved with it and love how it sounds. Not only
the sound is very clean and detailed but the soundstage and dynamics are
also good, I would say that the soundstage is indeed good for a solid stage amp
especially. I am perfectly satisfied with the sweet attractive overall performance
of this amp with my bookshelve speakers. However, as it turned out, STM drives also
easily large non-sensible speakers (Thiel CS6 in my case). The soundstage and
dynamics though are not as good as with my bookshelve speakers so despite that STM
has enough power to drive large speakers, I think it gives its best with bookshelve
ones. In the same system, with my Krell CD player/transport I also use Cherry DAC TL
DAC with also nice results. This DAC gives clean, soft reproduction. (In fact, I did
an A-B comparison of this DAC with a more expensive PS Audio Gain Cell DAC, which
is also a preamplifier with a considerable number of inputs and features. As
to the sound reproduction, the Cherry DAC gives a little bit more open and clean sound).

nodari

Re: UPDATED: 🍒 Maraschino, x-CHerry, and MEGAschino REVIEWS
« Reply #244 on: 6 Aug 2020, 08:51 pm »
A few days ago I have uploaded my comments on a sweet Cherry Stereo Maraschino. I have just noted that the same image was uploaded twice, sorry. For a more complete view, I am attaching a few more images.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a small compact studio amplifier that delivers a natural, clean and detailed sound and a lot of power, don't go further, try Cherry Stereo Desktop Maraschino!

nodari

« Reply #245 on: 6 Aug 2020, 09:01 pm »
Sorry again for duplicates (my first notes in this thread). the

missing images come

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #246 on: 7 Aug 2020, 08:43 pm »
This just in....

Hey Tommy, It’s been a little less than a week that I've had the Black Golden Cherries.

First impressions:
Packaging:  World Class, Attention to detail very noticeable.
Aesthetics:  Black Cherry GCM Amps look sleek and modern. (Side note, The hammer like finish on top cap of amp throws off symmetry between components).     
Sound:  Awesome!  No background noise or hiss, deep powerful base, very detailed / lifelike at low / high volume.
Also added Node 2i to my list of gear per your recommendation. Streaming features / capabilities are great, but connecting my RME ADi 2 DAC FS made a noticeable difference in playback.
Combination of Node 2i, RME DAC, GCM’s, and Klipsch speakers sounds great, but I cant wait to complete my GR Research Studio Monitors to really get full potential out of your amps.

-Pete Z in IL

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
DAC DAC 2 HS and Cherry USB REVIEW in Audio Persuit
« Reply #247 on: 11 Aug 2020, 03:57 am »
DAC DAC 2 HS and Cherry USB REVIEW in Audio Persuit:
https://www.audiopursuit.com/2020/08/cherry-dac-dac-2-hs.html

“The DAC DAC 2 HS may not be flashy, but its performance is equal to any in its price range. Not only are the basics done right, but just as important, every bit of sonic quality is wrung out.”

AvsFan

Re: DAC DAC 2 HS and Cherry USB REVIEW in Audio Persuit
« Reply #248 on: 11 Aug 2020, 04:17 am »
DAC DAC 2 HS and Cherry USB REVIEW in Audio Persuit:
https://www.audiopursuit.com/2020/08/cherry-dac-dac-2-hs.html

“The DAC DAC 2 HS may not be flashy, but its performance is equal to any in its price range. Not only are the basics done right, but just as important, every bit of sonic quality is wrung out.”

Well deserved review. If the 2 HS just up's the performance of the 1, that's one heck of a DAC!

BruceSB

« Reply #249 on: 11 Aug 2020, 08:02 am »
Very nice review.
Good job.
You must be very proud.
Congratulations.
Bruce

bobn8tor2

« Reply #250 on: 25 Aug 2020, 12:41 pm »
My first Cherry Amp was the fantastic STM King.  I have upgraded to the even more spectacular Cherry 2.  I have to say that since I have owned my Cherry amps I would only listen to music occasionally.   Now you cannot get me out of the music room.  My friends come over more often to listen and have nothing but accolades for how my system sounds.  I may over time update my other components but the Cherry is here to stay.  The only way it leaves my system is if I upgrade to the big  Cherry amp.  I whole heartedly believe that if you want to make your system sound its best.  Call or go online and get as many Cherry products as you can.   YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. I am not going to try to tell you this or that or go into audiophile based reasons as to why his products are fantastic.  All I am going to say is the music now talks to my soul and I want to hear more. Tommy keep up the great work you are doing.

Thanks,

Bob

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
Cherry DAC DAC 1 HS review
« Reply #251 on: 25 Aug 2020, 03:50 pm »
Cherry DAC DAC 1 HS review just in:
https://youtu.be/D4oex11ZEOw

Jack1949D

« Reply #252 on: 24 Sep 2020, 08:40 pm »
I was very happy with my system, but I wanted to have better definition of instruments (especially in the mid bass) and vocals. I was considering replacing my Ascend Sierra tower speakers to achieve this, but decided to try a power amp instead (the speakers I was interested in were pushing my budget). I never owned a separate amp and didn't know what to expect, so I started searching forums and found this site. After reading reviews of DAC amps and other vendors, I decided a Cherry amp may just be the thing I'm looking for.

So last month I emailed DAC support stating that I was interested in purchasing a power amp and that I am a neophyte when it comes to audio equipment and jargon, and that I needed some help deciding if my AVR and speakers were compatible with the 5-CHerry amp that I was interested in. Tommy replied to my email, giving me his personal number, asked me to text him so we could setup a time to talk. At first I was a little intimidated talking to the amp designer with my limited knowledge of such things, but Tommy brought things down to my level, which made me feel very comfortable. He looked up my AVR (Yamaha RX-A3040) manual was a little concerned about the preout voltage, so he wrote to Yamaha to get more details. In other words, he went beyond what I would have expected from our phone call to be sure that I would be satisfied with my purchase...who does that? I want to publicly thank Tommy for his world class customer service (even if I was just a potential customer at the time).

I purchased a KING 5-CHerry amp which I received 10 days ago. First thing I noticed was the very well protected and labeled packaging. After connecting it to my system I found what I was looking for: better overall sound (ie, bass, mid-range and highs), better imaging and instrument separation, but still felt I was missing something. I hadn't rerun the Yamaha room correction software (YPAO) yet, so after a few days I thought I'd try that. That improved it some, but still a little shy of what I was expecting. So next I turned YPAO off and suddenly the room came alive! Crisp wide open music! I've owned this AVR since 2014 and have always used room correction because music was dull without it. Now music is full, layered and detailed! Last night I listened to Steven Wilson's Hand Cannot Erase blu-ray (which I've played many times) and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The room seemed to expand wider than ever before and musical details I never heard before. 

Needless to say, I am very happy with my purchase! Thank you Tommy for your products and your customer service!

Jack

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
"....the MEGAs produced notably consistent impressions, regardless of the type of signal source – silent backgrounds, no noticeable added distortion, great clarity, and pleasing, even sweet musicality."

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1120/Digital_Amplifier_Company_MEGAschino_MK2_Mono_Amplifier_Review.htm

mr_bill

« Reply #254 on: 2 Nov 2020, 10:29 pm »
This was a great review!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #255 on: 3 Nov 2020, 12:15 am »
This was a great review!
Thanks!  Rick told me afterward that he's never been so sorry to send a review component back!

Mr. Big

« Reply #256 on: 30 Jan 2021, 06:30 pm »
Owners, I read several reviews on the Cherry amps, all were good but most had one big but...overtones, shimmer, decay issues, yes, they are fast, but the tail end of the reverb is MIA. Seems the same is said of the PS Audio 1200 class D monoblocks, perhaps it a trade off with the technology, like I am sure many of you would say class A or A/B amps have issues.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #257 on: 30 Jan 2021, 06:45 pm »
Owners, I read several reviews on the Cherry amps, all were good but most had one big but...overtones, shimmer, decay issues, yes, they are fast, but the tail end of the reverb is MIA. Seems the same is said of the PS Audio 1200 class D monoblocks, perhaps it a trade off with the technology, like I am sure many of you would say class A or A/B amps have issues.

The tail end of the reverb is present and spectacular on all Cherry Amps !!   Sounds like (pun) you’ve never personally heard one.

By the way, ps audio doesn’t even design amps. They use pre-fab modules.

Mr. Big

« Reply #258 on: 31 Jan 2021, 12:47 am »
Well, they must design the amps they did their own circuit with tubes on the inputs. Still, even with tubes the knock was less shimmer, and loss of the things that make a system sound real, yes they are fast and musical for a class D, I think 6 moons said the same things Mikey did in Stereophile on the PS Audio Class D amps. Don't get me wrong they said they did something very well, but what made a recording sound real the decays was MIA. Your right I've heard one, but perhaps one day I give them a go with my Spatial Audio M3 Sapphires, have to figure out the best amp for them, My McIntosh amp is great with them.

LarryD56

« Reply #259 on: 31 Jan 2021, 04:57 am »
    I don't think the amp was the problem with the system Mr. Big was listening to. The one thing Cherry amps do better than the 3 to four dozen amps I've had previous to them is that they do make the music sound more realistic. That's why I bought two of them. I love to hear details and realism and I get that from the Megaschino and the King STM. I've had a few Cherry amps and I've been impressed from the first listen. They are the most realistic/natural sounding amps I've heard yet.

Larry D.