Pez and Tyson's Best of RMAF- the ultimate guide to awesomeness 2013

WGH

I like bunnies.

Great idea Bob!

Booth Bunnies, more booth bunnies, that's definitely what RMAF needs!

I can't remember anything about the equipment in the NYKO Audio room, what they were showing or how it sounded.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
Great idea Bob!

Booth Bunnies, more booth bunnies, that's definitely what RMAF needs!

I can't remember anything about the equipment in the NYKO Audio room, what they were showing or how it sounded.

Oh. Never mind. Forget the BBQ sauce..

Saturn94

Pez and Tyson (or anyone who wants to respond),

Did you guys get to visit the Soundfield Audio room?  How was it?

Scott F.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO

mmmm.. Okay, BBQ sauce back on the menu..

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Everyone has been very civil since I posted about the bunnies.
Thank you all for your warmth and co-operation in the matter. Carry on men.

Bob

jhm731

MaxCast

Everyone has been very civil since I posted about the bunnies.
Thank you all for your warmth and co-operation in the matter. Carry on men.

Bob
:lol:  Every time a thread goes crazy we will have to...remember the bunnies, Bob's bunnies 

thanks man.

Zero

LMAO Jhm...  :D 

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
:lol:  Every time a thread goes crazy we will have to...remember the bunnies, Bob's bunnies 

thanks man.

Hey. With or without BBQ sauce, bunnies never hurt..

Scott F.

mmmm.. Okay, BBQ sauce back on the menu..

...maybe not

standub

Hey. With or without BBQ sauce, bunnies never hurt..

I'll just leave this right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

KLH007

Pez and Tyson (or anyone who wants to respond),

Did you guys get to visit the Soundfield Audio room?  How was it?

When I visited AJ's room he was playing his new 2 way standmounts, with powered 8" and external amp driving the planar, crazy good bass and nice staging and focused vocals. The towers were as good or better than at the 2013 CAF. The big boys were dynamically exciting, deep soundstage, plenty of impact, natural vocals, very detailed, fun to listen to, and a true bargain.

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
...maybe not

I'll just leave this right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Forget the BBQ sauce. Forget the bunnies. I shall fart in your general direction.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
On three, thou shall pull the pin and lobbeth the holy hand grenade of Antioch at thine enemy to smiteth them.  Four is right out.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
You know, Michael Fremer came by our room Friday when I was the only one in there.  He and his crew of guys stayed for a good 20-30 minutes, and you could tell he was enjoying things because he'd say "We really gotta get going, oh just one more track".  It was his Reference CD of all vinyl rips, and they did all sound very nice.  Alas, he only covers analog these days ... so we get no mention.  But the times I've talked with him over the years he seems to be one of the more down to Earth ones.

He is.... :thumb:

Dave G

david12

Let's keep personal issues and gripes about manufacturers out of this thread.  It's about two great guys reporting on an audio show and not about any particular company and how they do business out side of the show.
I really don't want it in quarantine where I'll have to clean it.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!!  :thumb:

I hate to disagree, I think 99% of us agree that P and T do the best RMAF report year in year out, partly because they give a report, or rather an opinion. They say what and why they like a room and how it compares with others.

What interests me is other attendees opinion on those given by Pez and Tyson, where they think they may be wrong, what great rooms they may have missed etc.

As for superior High End rooms, dealers, I hate it when I am assessed as I walk in, my wallet is secretly weighed and found wanting, then I am ignored. You really do get some mind numbingly arrogant, dismissive people, under theses circumstances. It really makes it hard to give their system a fair audition.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
He is.... :thumb:

Good to know!  Somebody else said to me something along the lines of "He's an egotistical jerk", but I thought to myself "He sure didn't seem that way".

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
When I visited AJ's room he was playing his new 2 way standmounts, with powered 8" and external amp driving the planar, crazy good bass and nice staging and focused vocals. The towers were as good or better than at the 2013 CAF. The big boys were dynamically exciting, deep soundstage, plenty of impact, natural vocals, very detailed, fun to listen to, and a true bargain.

Thanks. Must beg your forgiveness though, RMAF and CAF??? Did you introduce yourself as ACer "007KLH"? Or were you in stealth mode?

cheers,

AJ