The one that got away

dflee

The one that got away
« on: 19 Jul 2018, 01:52 pm »
Just listened to a song by an artist I really enjoy (Tom Petty) and
remembered for the umpteenth time I have never bought any
of his albums. Thinking about the reason why I came to the conclusion
that I hear him so much on the radio there isn't a desire to get more.
I am missing out on so much more of his music and hopefully will
remember to look for him next visit to Edward McKays.
Question here is there an artist your doing this to also?

Don

charmerci

Re: The one that got away
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2018, 12:43 am »
Oh the list is and was endless. When I was a young teen, I was buying singles and my older brother told me to buy albums. So if I ever liked a song by someone, I always investigated the albums. But there are so many artists/groups, someone will always fall through the gap. Plus now with so many songs/music being accessible....

But also, my library is over 10K songs. I'll have to see if there is a 'least listened to' list in JRiver,

OzarkTom

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2018, 04:39 am »
Lately streaming a couple of Beatle stations. I thought I knew every song of theirs, but I was wrong.

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2018, 08:33 am »
I was thinking about that the other day, Grand Funk Railroad. One of my favorite albums 'Caught in the Act' has a few songs that I love Shinin' On, Heartbreaker, Black Licorice, Railroad and Inside Looking Out. It's the guitar playing of Mark Farner that does it for me and the keyboardist. If I was to play guitar that would be the style I try to emulate.

So maybe they have a few other killer songs I would like that I never heard. Having just read up on them they only had like six albums with so much more potential that was never realized due to feuding with their manager.

I'll be checking 'em out.

Blue Oyster Cult is another band I didn't pay any attention to. They have about 4 killer songs that I just recently heard. 'Then Came the Last Days of May' blew me away it was so good. :rock:

Mike B.

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2018, 03:30 pm »
I pegged Tom as a top 40 pop artist and never tried his albums until Mojo. I went to see him during the Hypnotic Eye tour. He and the Heartbreakers were very good. I was especially impressed with Mike Campbell. I have also discovered several groups I missed during the late 1960's and 70's. Wishbone Ash, the Jayhawks, and Love.