VPE Electrodynamics Open House - July 2024

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Electrodynamics - LDW Model 1, Model 2, Crysta
    • VPE Electrodynamics
VPE Electrodynamics Open House - July 2024
« on: 21 Jun 2024, 12:35 am »
Dear Fellow GASer’s

I have both a pair of VPE Electrodynamic Crystal Dipoles and a pair of VPE Airfoils set up in my Man Cave / Goat Locker for audition.  Both pairs are headed off for professional reviews the second week of July 2024.  I am thinking of having an Open House on either Sunday July 7 or Sunday July 14 for the GAS gang to come have a listen.  Let me know what dates and times work for you and we will set it up. 

We will also have a pair of Magnepan LRS+ with VPE Little Dipole Woofers for audition. All are for sale from VPE through our website.  www.vpeelectrodynamics.com   
RSVP via text message to (314) 295-5961 stated your preferred date and time.

EvanF

• audio repair guy
Re: VPE Electrodynamics Open House - July 2024
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2024, 10:13 pm »
Those are some gorgeous speakers. I’d love to listen

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2024, 05:17 pm »
If I still lived in the area I would definitely attend, but the drive from western Colorado would be a little too long.  :D

Can you share more information about the Airfoils? The webpage doesn't show much. Thanks!

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2024, 07:35 pm »
Hey Don, I missed seeing this when you posted. Are you still hosting and is it on for next Sunday? 

Mark

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
    • VPE Electrodynamics
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2024, 08:19 pm »
Hi, Music Lovers.  The consensus for the Open House is this Sunday, July 14th at 2:00 pm until 6:00 pm.  I live at 1808 Loehr Estates Ct., Ballwin, MO. 63021.  We are just west of I-270 off Dougherty Ferry and Carman Rd., just north of Barrett School.  Please RSVP by texting me at (314) 295-5961.

This will be a test run and a send-off for both the VPE Electrodynamics Airfoil and Crystal Dipole 2 models.  The Crystal Dipole 2 is an update to the original Crystal Dipole which is based on the Pass SLOB enclosure.  The Crystal Dipole 2 uses our popular Model 1 Little Dipole Woofer and a new 48" x 1/2" thick bronze acrylic baffle which improves the sound by further isolating the full-range driver form the woofer vibrations.  See pics below.

After this audition, The Crystal Dipole 2's are headed Doug Schroeder of Dagogo for an extensive review.  The Airfoils are also headed off to Carlo Lo Raso of The Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity for an extensive review.  As you may know, the Airfoils were a splash at AXPONA 2024 and got the attention of Andrew Quint of The Absolute Sound.

Looking forward to seeing the GAS Gang all again !

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
    • VPE Electrodynamics
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jul 2024, 09:50 pm »
Hi, Guys.  My webmaster is working a big upgrade to the website, including a full page on the Airfoil.  In the meantime I am posting our AXPONA 2024 Airfoil flyer here.  More at the Open House on Sunday.

The Schiit Vidar2 Power Amps are an option that adds $2000.00 to the price tag.  You can use whatever stereo amp you want to drive the upper cabinets.  I am currently using a pair of single-ended Class A Pass Aleph 5's from days of you're which work spectacularly well.  Carlos will use a pair of Benchmark AHB's for his review next month.

EvanF

• audio repair guy
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2024, 02:54 pm »
Well I’m definitely coming. Hope to see you all there

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2024, 03:10 am »
Daammmnn I need to start visiting AC again regularly so I don’t miss another one of these. Been on the FB group more often lately, https://www.facebook.com/share/h3HSY218vG3yTJSC/?mibextid=K35XfP

Looks like it was a blast and I’m sure some excellent sounding gear.

I’ll be at the next one. Don, we have to talk planes next time 😉 I started with your former employer a few months ago.

Mr Peabody

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2024, 04:25 pm »
Sorry I missed the event I need to check in more often.

What's the name of the FB page for GAS?

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #9 on: 17 Jul 2024, 05:40 pm »
Link to the Facebook group is in my post above

mjmsound

« Reply #10 on: 3 Aug 2024, 11:44 am »
sorry I missed it.  :( Been real busy and just did not check the AC thread.