Tomb Raider: Angel of Suck?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 3 Jul 2003, 03:03 am »
I've been cruising the console gaming sites, and the TR news isn't good.  Basically everyone is saying it's buggy and just plain sucks.  I was suspicious when EGM said that Eidos wasn't releasing any copies for review; that normally means it won't stand up to critical scrutiny.  It appears that the game was released before it was really ready to stop the stop their stock from hemorraging money at the end of their fiscal year.

If this is true it's truly a waste.  That's a big franchise, and there isn't room for a blunder of that magnitude.  

Thankfully, Bunge doesn't have that attitude.  They are saying that Halo 2 will "be done when it's done".  I'm getting impatient but I'd rather wait for a great game than have a lame one now!

Hmmm....wonder if Mike is still tweaking my Le Amp IIs? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2003, 04:35 am »
Angel of Suck... :rotflmao:

Yeah I too figured it'd suck ass when EGM mentioned it wasn't available for review. But I gave up on TR at TR2 as I thought that was nasty. That actually was the last PS game I ever bought. I was so pissed at having dropped $50 large, then playing it for all of 30 minutes 'cause it was so bad. So I only copied PS games from then on as I figured Sony screwed me out of enough $ and didn't need to do so again (I'd been unhappy with many other games I'd bought for the PS).

I wonder how much getting it out right before the movie is released mattered? I'd bet that also had a lot to do with the release date.

And last I heard "done when it's done" should be March '04... :mrgreen: