Any GR Research Speakers in the Atlanta Area- audition request

Danny Richie

This video is from April 1st when experts weren't yet fully aware of asymptomatic spreaders.

Here's the deal -- even if you believe the experts got it all wrong, what's the harm in wearing a mask in the off-chance that they're even partially correct? At the very least, wearing a mask may make some people around you feel more comfortable. Isn't that worth it?

With regard to your story about the 90-year old woman -- sure, some people may be falsely labeled as dying due to COVID-19 and shouldn't be. On the other hand, lots of people may have died from COVID-19 and weren't counted as such. Your story also conflates four separate issues -- COVID-19, nosocomial infections, poor  treatment, and the inevitability of death. That's a lot to unpack.   

I'm not really sure all the experts have reached any agreement yet. We may not know the real truth for several years.

Personally I know we are supposed to wear masks in certain areas. And yesterday I was wearing my mask. Nothing wrong with that and it is not a bad idea.

But I also know there are people working a Covid 19 floor and checking in on Covid patients and they are not wearing a mask, state that it is not air born like we've been told, they've worked those floors for months, and had zero staff catch it. Hmmmm......

What gets me is the crazy stuff I see. I see people by themselves in their own cars wearing a mask.  :duh:  And you have to wear a mask from the front door of the restraint to your seat and then you can take your mask off to eat. What sense does that make? And then no one coming in is washing their hands. Why is everyone coming in not washing their hands? People can't go to work in a factory winding my inductors, alone at their own station, but they can go to Walmart with 500 other people.

I can't wait until we have this figured out better.

Early B.

What gets me is the crazy stuff I see. I see people by themselves in their own cars wearing a mask.  :duh:  And you have to wear a mask from the front door of the restraint to your seat and then you can take your mask off to eat. What sense does that make? And then no one coming in is washing their hands. Why is everyone coming in not washing their hands? People can't go to work in a factory winding my inductors, alone at their own station, but they can go to Walmart with 500 other people.

Yeah, some of it is crazy, like people wearing a mask, but they don't cover their nose with it (why wear one at all???). Or people wearing a mask around their neck.  People, in general, are weird. :o 

Many people believe that a vaccine will be a panacea for the pandemic. Just wait, Danny -- that's when it's really gonna get crazy.

Barryg443

I agree this is all crazy I think it’s evolving into entropy!

I do wear a mask when I go places.  My 88 year old mom was the first positive case in her nursing home, thankfully she has recovered, though at times it was very stressful.  Makes me think twice about stepping back into the classroom as a math and physics teacher.  Right now classes are all virtual!

I have lost several family members since this COVID started.  None of them were infected, my sis in law had a stroke.  A cousin had cancer.

I’ve been praying a lot for family and friends!  I tell my family listening to music is the best medicine.

ooheadsoo

What gets me is the crazy stuff I see. I see people by themselves in their own cars wearing a mask.  :duh: 

I thought this at first but later realized that I also do this myself, sometimes, because if I have a comfortable mask and I'm about to hit another destination soon, it's more hassle to unmask and remask than to just keep it on.  I hope everyone has relatively comfortable masks.