Tyson's Super Mini Review

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Tyson's Super Mini Review
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jan 2020, 01:21 am »
The 8" OB sub drivers are still available? [For some reason, I had thought they were no longer available.]

Thanks for the reviews, Tyson!

Michael

Danny mentioned he's working on a better solution for the bass section of the Super Mini, something more elegant than the 8 inch drivers.

2bigears

« Reply #21 on: 3 Jan 2020, 01:29 am »
 :D what does "more elegant" mean talking about bass. ??  85% of the S7's ??  Wowwww.  That's very bold indeed.  I can't do a 200 pound speaker , no no no.  But these ,, with a bass section driven servo ,,  oh la la..
     Might just have to watch how this turns out.   :D

Woodsea

« Reply #22 on: 3 Jan 2020, 02:53 am »
Are these on the GR website?  How much are the kits?  Moving to Brussels in the summer, wife is hinting about downsizing, plus I want an upgrade  :icon_lol:

2bigears

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jan 2020, 03:10 am »
 :D Danny or Jay can maybe jump in here ?  Will this new design be one piece or structure per side ?  A small servo on the bottom ?  We await !    :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #24 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:08 am »
They are currently not available.

If I can get some new Neo 10's in here then I will re-release these. I have had two sets of new Neo 10 samples brought in and neither of them hit the mark. We'll have to wait and see what the next samples are like and if they were able to implement my list of things to do to them. 

2bigears

« Reply #25 on: 4 Jan 2020, 04:15 am »
 :D thanks Danny.  Are those 10" servos ?? Sorry .  If you build as set of these little guys ,, do yo recommend a twin set of servos on each side or can you Just use one or a triple to save space and money ?   :D

Nick77

« Reply #26 on: 4 Jan 2020, 01:23 pm »
Danny mentioned he's working on a better solution for the bass section of the Super Mini, something more elegant than the 8 inch drivers.

Hi Danny, is Tyson referring to using eight M-165's for under 200hz? It appears to me that the cabinet housing the 8" drivers or the M-165 are basically the same cabinet.

Very curious as to this "more elegant solution"?? Are you able to elaborate any more on this?

Thanks......

renbo

« Reply #27 on: 4 Jan 2020, 05:03 pm »
With the neo issues, are these not yet available like the line force model?

Captainhemo

« Reply #28 on: 4 Jan 2020, 06:12 pm »
Flat pack for cabs....  we do have a     full kit  but   planning to buiuld it out  when we've got some time

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #29 on: 4 Jan 2020, 06:26 pm »
With the neo issues, are these not yet available like the line force model?

Nothing using Neo 10's are currently available.

renbo

« Reply #30 on: 4 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm »
Nothing using Neo 10's are currently available.

So disappointing! Hope the situation is remedied soon...

2bigears

« Reply #31 on: 5 Jan 2020, 01:48 am »
 :D the 🌎 Is running outta stuff ?  Hummm.  Is the NX-Optica kit available ?  Is this a better sounding speaker compared to the mini's with servo bass triple or double ?  Knowing the mini's are not available ?   :D
     I like the fact that there is less parts and one no-box structure,, less complicated ?  To many good designs to few parts ?    :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #32 on: 5 Jan 2020, 02:00 am »
:D the 🌎 Is running outta stuff ?  Hummm.  Is the NX-Optica kit available ?  Is this a better sounding speaker compared to the mini's with servo bass triple or double ?  Knowing the mini's are not available ?   :D
     I like the fact that there is less parts and one no-box structure,, less complicated ?  To many good designs to few parts ?    :D

In most cases, you'd want subs with the  NX-Otica's as well. In some  smaller rooms,  you i may be happy  with the Oticas on  their own    but   in any case, you  won't be getting  down into the   lower , o or even lower  2 octaves without   subs

Danny  has all   NX Otica parts in stock,  we   again have stock on    NX-Otica flat packs  ,   packing  orders    for guys who've been waiting patiently.

jay

2bigears

« Reply #33 on: 5 Jan 2020, 03:25 am »
 :D thanks Jay.  I know it's the bestest bass in the dog gone 🌎,,,, but here we go with way more parts.  Is a single triple just as good as two doubles ?  Stream lining is a must for old farts.  Less stuff the better.   :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #34 on: 5 Jan 2020, 04:33 pm »
:D thanks Jay.  I know it's the bestest bass in the dog gone 🌎,,,, but here we go with way more parts.  Is a single triple just as good as two doubles ?  Stream lining is a must for old farts.  Less stuff the better.   :D

IMHO  no....   as I posted in another  thread  the other day,    I'll never have non-stereo bass again.
There  an all inone  solution siting in my  room if you  like  Kandy Tangerine Orange   ....

jay

2bigears

« Reply #35 on: 5 Jan 2020, 04:46 pm »
 :D thanks Jay.  Well I did have that and liked it. So a mini with a servo bass unit built in on the bottom. One structure.  But no parts isn't good.  Only a pipe dream now.   And is one bass driver and amp for bass plenty for this little guys ?  Two 12's per side is four feet of bass ,  not sure one needs that, more parts thing again. Or does this bass work and need double drivers per side ?   :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #36 on: 5 Jan 2020, 05:02 pm »
:D thanks Jay.  Well I did have that and liked it. So a mini with a servo bass unit built in on the bottom. One structure.  But no parts isn't good.  Only a pipe dream now.   And is one bass driver and amp for bass plenty for this little guys ?  Two 12's per side is four feet of bass ,  not sure one needs that, more parts thing again. Or does this bass work and need double drivers per side ?   :D

I agree with Jay, stereo OB bass is the way to go.  It's so clean and fast and works with room acoustics so well that it won't overwhelm even a small space. 

Having said that, I can also let slip that Danny's working on a new base for the Super Mini that won't require the dual servos and will still get you very good bass.  But I think that's all I can sat at the moment....

Captainhemo

« Reply #37 on: 5 Jan 2020, 05:02 pm »
A double h-frame per side.
And no, not a pipe dream.  just  have to be paitient while  Danny   gets  the drivers the  way he wants them.

jay

Nick77

« Reply #38 on: 6 Jan 2020, 10:44 am »
I agree with Jay, stereo OB bass is the way to go.  It's so clean and fast and works with room acoustics so well that it won't overwhelm even a small space. 

Having said that, I can also let slip that Danny's working on a new base for the Super Mini that won't require the dual servos and will still get you very good bass.  But I think that's all I can sat at the moment....

Hi Tyson is this the cabinet you keep reffering too, with 4-M165? This is no secret and Jay has it ready to go, but it has the same disjointed look of the servo eights cabinet.

Am i missing something?? I remain hopeful for a "more elegant solution" as you describe, but from the front it has the same look of a really long transmission line cabinet.  :scratch:

Nick77

« Reply #39 on: 6 Jan 2020, 10:45 am »
Double post