nicoch

Re: Lets see your O.B. speakers....!
« Reply #200 on: 17 Feb 2016, 02:53 pm »
yes nice to see

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #201 on: 9 Apr 2016, 10:00 pm »
My open baffle planar hybrid speaker.  GR-Research did the baffle design ideas.  Got the drivers moded BG NEO3PDR and 2x12 servo subs from GR-Research and BG NEO10's from Parts-Express before BG was sold.   

I believe lowtech asked about frequency response plots of the NEO3/NEO10 section of the open baffle speakers.  Here is a Pocket CLIO response plot of the bandpass filter and high pass filters used on the dspMusik digital crossover for the planars in the side wing open baffle.

gils

« Reply #202 on: 22 Apr 2016, 01:49 am »
hello :)

test , bad design  :oops:

ebag4

« Reply #203 on: 22 Apr 2016, 03:40 am »
This is my latest project:

Best,
Ed
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2016, 04:43 pm by ebag4 »

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #204 on: 22 Apr 2016, 03:18 pm »
Really sharp Ed. I'm sure you're enjoying that combo. Nice touch creating a pocket for the Wedgie to sit in.

Mike

ebag4

« Reply #205 on: 23 Apr 2016, 04:48 pm »
Thanks Mike.  I thought the pocket added a nice finished look, but it does present an additional challenge if say I wanted to incorporate another speaker from 200 Hz and up while using these bass units.  I am anxious to read whether or not I should "upgrade" my Wedgies, nudge nudge hint hint  :wink:.

Best,
Ed

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #206 on: 23 Apr 2016, 06:06 pm »
Thanks Mike.  I thought the pocket added a nice finished look, but it does present an additional challenge if say I wanted to incorporate another speaker from 200 Hz and up while using these bass units.  I am anxious to read whether or not I should "upgrade" my Wedgies, nudge nudge hint hint  :wink:.

Best,
Ed

Ed,

It'll be later this summer before I get my pair of NX-Otica MTM's built out. Looks like I need to replace a couple of HX300 amps I buggered up trying to add the jumper that by-passes the OB circuit and most likely buy a new table saw before I can spent the money on the NQ drivers and crossover components.

I realized pretty quick that the NX-Oticas are not going to fit on top of the wedge cabinets I built for the Wedgies. I have to decide whether to build wedge shaped cabinets or an H-Frame for them. Since the Oticas are quite a bit wider than the Wedgies, they might not look so out of place on top of an H-Frame, especially if I don't put an overhang on the top.

Who knows. MDF is pretty cheap, I might build a pair of each then decide.

Mike

Odal3

« Reply #207 on: 23 Apr 2016, 06:26 pm »
Ed - those are very nice! Impressive work

a.wayne

« Reply #208 on: 23 Apr 2016, 09:12 pm »
Nice Job Ed, well done ......? :thumb:

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #209 on: 23 Apr 2016, 09:55 pm »
As usual, beautiful workmanship......hats off to you my friend.

They look stunning....I want some..... :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #210 on: 23 Apr 2016, 10:26 pm »
Ed, how do they compare (Sound wise) to your V1 ????

ebag4

« Reply #211 on: 24 Apr 2016, 01:54 am »
Ed,

It'll be later this summer before I get my pair of NX-Otica MTM's built out. Looks like I need to replace a couple of HX300 amps I buggered up trying to add the jumper that by-passes the OB circuit and most likely buy a new table saw before I can spent the money on the NQ drivers and crossover components.

I realized pretty quick that the NX-Oticas are not going to fit on top of the wedge cabinets I built for the Wedgies. I have to decide whether to build wedge shaped cabinets or an H-Frame for them. Since the Oticas are quite a bit wider than the Wedgies, they might not look so out of place on top of an H-Frame, especially if I don't put an overhang on the top.

Who knows. MDF is pretty cheap, I might build a pair of each then decide.

Mike

Thanks Mike, same here regarding the bass units, although I do have a plan!  Sucks regarding the amps, kind of puts a damper on things.  I would love to get an opinion on the wedgie vs the top half of the NX Otticas, but I think that will have to come from one of us!

Ed - those are very nice! Impressive work

Nice Job Ed, well done ......? :thumb:
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
As usual, beautiful workmanship......hats off to you my friend.

They look stunning....I want some..... :thumb:
Thanks Perry.  I know you wanted to hear these, it appears you may get the opportunity with the Neo drivers becoming available again.  Hope all is well.

Ed, how do they compare (Sound wise) to your V1 ????

Hey Guy, the V1 was a great speaker for me, I really loved it.  The wedgie dives deeper into the track, I hear more detail, and the soundstage Is fantastic!  The jury is out regarding the "H" frame vs. the "U" frame wedge, it will take additional listening and tweaking the setup before I will know for certain.

Best,
Ed

gils

« Reply #212 on: 16 Aug 2016, 12:10 am »
 :)

hello ,

my new DIY OB test .

bass : 12" ERS TS 30/300  fs 44,5 Hz QTS 1,10  (94 db)
medium 12" ERS TS 30/600pro fs 55 Hz QTS 0,9 (95 db)
compression  1" (800/20000 // 105 db)

crossover 1000/5000 Hz

test sound :

http://www.sendbox.fr/9fb6c34f260a79f5/plan_TS30300+TS30600pro.flac

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #213 on: 16 Aug 2016, 03:33 am »
:)

hello ,

my new DIY OB test .

bass : 12" ERS TS 30/300  fs 44,5 Hz QTS 1,10  (94 db)
medium 12" ERS TS 30/600pro fs 55 Hz QTS 0,9 (95 db)
compression  1" (800/20000 // 105 db)

crossover 1000/5000 Hz

test sound :

http://www.sendbox.fr/9fb6c34f260a79f5/plan_TS30300+TS30600pro.flac

gils mate,you really know how to make the best OB,congrats, :thumb:

gils

« Reply #214 on: 19 Aug 2016, 07:40 pm »
gils mate,you really know how to make the best OB,congrats, :thumb:

:thumb:

yeah !!

it's very best power full speakers !!

https://youtu.be/8boWa0Z5B4o

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #215 on: 20 Aug 2016, 01:03 am »
:thumb:

yeah !!

it's very best power full speakers !!

https://youtu.be/8boWa0Z5B4o

gils honestly i like your ob speakers mate,since your an ob expert,can you share some of your tech especially on the low end freq (ob woofer), you can pm me if you want,be as technical as you wish..no problemo!

George

gils

« Reply #216 on: 20 Aug 2016, 11:36 am »
hello G Georgopoulos  :)

in french :

le problème majeur des systèmes OB est le court circuit acoustique dans les basses fréquences, le système U-FRAME, V-FRAME ou H-Frame peut régler ce problème en parti, l'autre problème est la réverbération calamiteuse de l'onde sonore arrière , il faut bien choisir ses haut parleurs, je considère un système OB comme HIFI à part entière comme les systèmes clos ou bass reflex pour reproduire l'onde sonore du plus bas au plus haut du spectre sonore, le reste n'est que mauvaise enceinte acoustique .

l'aspect esthétique et effet spatial semble le principal soucis des utilisateurs de ce système, ce qui est bien regrettable qui ne sont pas des enceintes HIFI, j'ai écouté beaucoup d'enceinte OB et le son est catastrophique et choisir n'importe quel type de haut parleur non adapté à ce système nous donne ce résultat .

le choix d'un haut parleur à QTS élevé est primordial pour ce système , une membrane qui bouge frénétiquement ne donne aucun résultat et à l'inverse, des haut parleurs à membrane rigide  vous donnera que du médium, les petits diamètres sont à proscrire pour un bon rendu dans le grave .

avec mon système , j'ai un large éventail de choix musical à fort gain comme à faible gain, avec un amplificateur audio de 50 w, je peux animer une soirée dansante comme une écoute spirituel de musique classique :)

on peut améliorer beaucoup de paramètre et raccorder les bandes octave en remettant les hauts parleurs en phase avec un système bi-amplification et un DCX , RePhase est un très bon soft pour cet exercice, je n'en suis pas encore là .

pour l'instant , je n'ai qu'une seule enceinte test .

google translate :

the major problem of OB systems is the acoustic short circuit in the low frequencies, the U-FRAME system, V-FRAME or H-Frame can solve this problem by party, the other problem is the disastrous reverb sound wave back it must choose its speakers, I see an OB HIFI system as full as closed systems or bass reflex to reproduce the sound wave from the lowest to the highest of the sound spectrum, the rest is poor pregnant acoustic .

aesthetics and spatial effect seems the main concerns of the users of this system, which is very regrettable that are not HIFI speaker, I listened to a lot of OB enclosure and the sound is catastrophic and choose any type speaker not suitable for this system gives us this result.

choosing a high QTS speakerphone is essential for this system, a membrane that moves frantically no result and conversely, from speakers to give you that rigid membrane of the medium, small diameters are not recommended for good in bass.

with my system, I have a wide range of musical choices as high gain low gain, with an audio amplifier 50 w I can animate a dance as a spiritual listening to classical music :)

can improve many parameters and connect octave bands by giving the speakers in phase with a bi-amplification system and DCX, RePhase is a great app for this exercise, I'm not there yet.

for now, I have only one speaker test.

http://petoindominique.fr/php/lienhp.php

http://www.sendbox.fr/c0894d1866cde49d~s

Guy 13

« Reply #217 on: 21 Aug 2016, 12:51 am »

in french :

le problème majeur des systèmes OB est le court circuit acoustique dans les basses fréquences, le système U-FRAME, V-FRAME ou H-Frame peut régler ce problème en parti, l'autre problème est la réverbération calamiteuse de l'onde sonore arrière , il faut bien choisir ses haut parleurs, je considère un système OB comme HIFI à part entière comme les systèmes clos ou bass reflex pour reproduire l'onde sonore du plus bas au plus haut du spectre sonore, le reste n'est que mauvaise enceinte acoustique .

l'aspect esthétique et effet spatial semble le principal soucis des utilisateurs de ce système, ce qui est bien regrettable qui ne sont pas des enceintes HIFI, j'ai écouté beaucoup d'enceinte OB et le son est catastrophique et choisir n'importe quel type de haut parleur non adapté à ce système nous donne ce résultat .

le choix d'un haut parleur à QTS élevé est primordial pour ce système , une membrane qui bouge frénétiquement ne donne aucun résultat et à l'inverse, des haut parleurs à membrane rigide  vous donnera que du médium, les petits diamètres sont à proscrire pour un bon rendu dans le grave .

avec mon système , j'ai un large éventail de choix musical à fort gain comme à faible gain, avec un amplificateur audio de 50 w, je peux animer une soirée dansante comme une écoute spirituel de musique classique :)

on peut améliorer beaucoup de paramètre et raccorder les bandes octave en remettant les hauts parleurs en phase avec un système bi-amplification et un DCX , RePhase est un très bon soft pour cet exercice, je n'en suis pas encore là .

google translate :

the major problem of OB systems is the acoustic short circuit in the low frequencies, the U-FRAME system, V-FRAME or H-Frame can solve this problem by party, the other problem is the disastrous reverb sound wave back it must choose its speakers, I see an OB HIFI system as full as closed systems or bass reflex to reproduce the sound wave from the lowest to the highest of the sound spectrum, the rest is poor pregnant acoustic .

aesthetics and spatial effect seems the main concerns of the users of this system, which is very regrettable that are not HIFI speaker, I listened to a lot of OB enclosure and the sound is catastrophic and choose any type speaker not suitable for this system gives us this result.

choosing a high QTS speakerphone is essential for this system, a membrane that moves frantically no result and conversely, from speakers to give you that rigid membrane of the medium, small diameters are not recommended for good in bass.

with my system, I have a wide range of musical choices as high gain low gain, with an audio amplifier 50 w I can animate a dance as a spiritual listening to classical music :)

can improve many parameters and connect octave bands by giving the speakers in phase with a bi-amplification system and DCX, RePhase is a great app for this exercise, I'm not there yet.

Ca fait toujours plaisir de lire du Français.
Je suis un petit cousin du Québec expatrié sur la planète Vietnam.
Votre '' topic '' est très intéressant.
Merci.

Guy Leduc

Guy 13

gils

« Reply #218 on: 21 Aug 2016, 01:28 am »
Ca fait toujours plaisir de lire du Français.
Je suis un petit cousin du Québec expatrié sur la planète Vietnam.
Votre '' topic '' est très intéressant.
Merci.

Guy Leduc

Guy 13

Bonjour Guy 13 ,

je suis vos sujets assez souvent et ne manque pas d'intérêt, merci .
De par votre speudo "Guy 13" je pourrais penser que vous êtes de Marseille "13" est le numéro de département :) , en Europe, le système plan n'a pas trop de succès, il existe beaucoup plus d'utilisateur chez vous et cela fait plaisir d'où mon inscription sur ce forum, considérant ce système HIFI à part entière, il mérite toute notre attention, les fabricants de haut parleurs tardent quand même à nous délivrer du bon matériel prévu pour nos enceintes et c'est bien dommage, en tombant par hasard sur ces haut parleur bon marché Technysound (Europsonic) avec des valeurs QTS élevés idéal pour ce système m'a donné envie de plonger dans cet univers des enceintes sans fond ! l'esthétique m'importe peu, je recherches la qualité de son optimum digne d'un concert acoustique, étant possesseur de JBL 4311B, cela vous rend exigent sur la qualité audio :) , j'avoue que le sytème plan est quand même passionnant et occupe souvent mes soirées voir mes nuits !  :green:

En tout cas merci de m'avoir répondu en français , vous maitrisez très bien la langue de Molière !  :thumb:

Hello Guy 13

I am your subjects and quite often no lack of interest, thank you.
By your speudo "Guy 13" I might think you're in Marseille "13" is the department :) number, in Europe, the plan system was not too successful, there is much more user home and it's nice where I registered on this forum, Whereas HIFI system in itself, it deserves our attention, speaker manufacturers still slow to deliver us good equipment provided for our speakers and this is shame in stumbling upon these top cheap speaker Technysound (Europsonic) with QTS high values ​​for this ideal system made me want to dive into this world of bottomless pregnant! aesthetics matter to me, I research the optimum sound quality worthy of an acoustic concert, being owner of JBL 4311B, it makes you require on :) audio quality, I admit that the plan sytem is still exciting and often occupy my evenings see my nights! : Green:

Anyway thank you for responding in French, you speak very well the language of Molière!  :Thumb:

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #219 on: 22 Aug 2016, 02:51 am »

in french :

google translate :

Bonjour Mr gils

yes i agree with you,and thank you for sharing with me,ob is not known for big bass,but as you
have described Hframe and a large cone with low Frs works better with ob

thank you so much

George