Photo Theme: Kids

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
Photo Theme: Kids
« on: 15 Jun 2007, 01:12 pm »
We all take so many pics of our kids, some ought to be good. I'll get the ball rolling...

In Serbia

Disney World

Backyard

Backyard

Dining room

JohnR

Re: Photo Theme: Kids
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 01:48 pm »
Those are really great shots. I like the first two especially, and the last one just cracked me up. I have such a hard time getting anything at all right with kids...!

Well, I don't have kids of my own but here is one of my niece, aged about 9 months. I took a whole roll that afternoon and this is just the one I liked best...! Scanned (rather hastily, I see now) from Tri-X.

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:47 pm »
Thanks John - I had to bribe my daughter for the first picture by buying those dolls.....then I had a window of about 30 min to snap a few shots. And the last one.....they were looking at my neighbor's dog and "learned" a new way of maximizing mess when eating. I am already planning a slideshow for their weddings  aa

It's a good picture you posted here. I like that the guy looks away - I guess that gives it the nice, peacefull atmosphere. These are toughest to get.

One of the best features of B&W film is that you are locked into B&W...when converting color to B&W I'm never sure which one I like better....which gives me an idea for a new thread....

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:00 pm »
Album cover for local band "The Accountants". The image was to illustrate the album title "Keeping up with the Joneses. (The actual cover has the foreground kid passing another kid on a Big Wheel, but I couldn't find that version on my hard drive)

Another local CD cover. The album was all about personal relationships. This photo was to illustrate the idea of putting something fragile (your heart/ego/etc) out into the world and hoping you get it back intact.

Ad for hospital pediatric emergency services. (don't worry....the kid was safely in a studio)

Portrait of a friend's daughter about 10 years ago.

BikeWNC

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:18 am »

Soccer.

drphoto

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:31 am »
man that's nice....I love all the stuff that's going on there!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48 pm »
Some very good looking photos here, and very cute kids too.
Audiovista, you're going to be in trouble in a few years when boys start knocking on your door.  :nono:

In eight years I've taken thousands of pictures of my kids. Only a small handful "rate" by WOW factor.
I've got one pic of my two kids from three years ago that I thought about submitting to some kind of photo contest, I thought it was that good, I'd like your collective opinions. I need to remove it from it's frame, scan it, then I'll post it here. I'm jealous that you started "the kids thread" Mr. Vista, I was going to do that.  :lol:  :D

Bob

Lensman

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2007, 04:59 pm »
I shot this a couple of years ago and have always liked it.  Not shot on assignment, it's a family photo for the scrapbook. Hope you all like it too!

Lensman

Antman27

« Reply #8 on: 16 Jun 2007, 05:05 pm »

Lensman

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jun 2007, 05:08 pm »

Ad for hospital pediatric emergency services. (don't worry....the kid was safely in a studio)

DrPhoto...

I really like this image.  I'm a big fan of good b/w.

Lensman

drphoto

« Reply #10 on: 16 Jun 2007, 05:56 pm »
Lensman. thanks . I got to play art director on this one and come up with the idea.  I hate most of my stuff, but I did think this one was fairly decent.

This was shot w/ the good old Hasselblad on Fuji trans film and scanned.

drphoto

« Reply #11 on: 16 Jun 2007, 05:58 pm »
The sky was a painting I did. I debated long and hard about putting in a 'real' sky, but in the end...I liked the surreal quality of the fake one.

drphoto

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2007, 11:00 pm »
The Hummer kid is a studio shot, which was stripped, in case anyone was wondering.

Lensman

« Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2007, 02:37 pm »
I like the Hummer kid. I was debating with myself whether you shot him in the studio, or whether you're one of those rare birds with a nice set of battery-powered location strobes. :D   I have Elinchrom and Dynalite, AC-powered.

Lensman

drphoto

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2007, 03:20 pm »
I do have the Dynalite AC/DC monolight along w/ a couple of Jackrabbit packs. I've used Hensel stuff too. I just got back from a location shoot in NYC where we used good ole Canon speedlites to good effect.

Thanks for the nod on the Hummer kid. When the guys in the band told me the album was called "Keeping up with the Joneses" I just knew I had to have a Hummer in the shot. I thought having a kiddie version made it a lot funnier, which was what we were after. But what the hell do I know. I'm no artist. I'm a fairly competant technician at best.

BikeWNC

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jun 2007, 11:49 pm »
Here's a photo from today's trip to Sliding Rock in Pisgah N.F.  It was my daughter's first time down the natural waterslide.

NealH

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2007, 12:54 am »
Well, that certainly brings back memories.  The last time I went down the sliding rock was something like '63 or '64.  Its been a long time.  I'd put on two pair of cut-off jeans and, by the time I was finished my butt was showing.  The rock was tough on bathing suits. 

I am sure the place is more commercialized now.  We used to have to trek through a patch of woods to get there.  Probably not like that anymore.  it was a really pristine area back then.  And man, was that water cold!

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:00 am »
Cool place - where exactly is it? I guess not close to New York?

BikeWNC

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:03 am »
The water is still cold.  That's why I chose to take pictures.  It's a very popular place with a large parking lot, changing rooms and flush toilets.  The FS even charges a dollar per head admission.  And there are lifeguards too.  Still it is fun for the kids on a warm day.

BikeWNC

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2007, 01:05 am »
Cool place - where exactly is it? I guess not close to New York?

A few miles outside Brevard, NC (near Asheville) in Pisgah National Forest.