Introduction - New Guy

emilm

Introduction - New Guy
« on: 20 Dec 2020, 05:00 am »
Hello All,

With the recent requirement to work from home gave me a bit more time to rediscover my enjoyment of music listening. I dug up my old Adcom Pre & Amp and the Focal Aria 5's I build 20ish years ago. I would place myself as an audiophile newbie.

I've watched a good portion of Danny's videos and I agree with his point about building a better quality speaker at home.

I have a LOT to learn - looking forward to becoming part of the community (circle).

Emil

Skilly

Re: Introduction - New Guy
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2020, 11:44 am »
Welcome and Enjoy the adventure.

Do not be afraid to ask for assistance if you get stumped. Please bring well focused photos.

emilm

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2020, 05:18 pm »
 :thumb:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2020, 06:53 pm »
Welcome to AC!

Looking forward to your journey!
And never feel afraid to ask even the simplest questions! There's lots of great highly skilled people on here that are more than happy to share their wealth of knowledge!

rtate

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2020, 08:20 pm »
Hi Emil , I built an entire home theater around the Aria 5's with the Raven tweeters that I got from Zalytron years ago.
Still use it til this day !

Welcome   :thumb:

toocool4

« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2020, 10:22 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle emilm.

I have been working from home since March 12 and only going into work if I am really needed.
My new office is now my listening room, so I am spinning LP’s all day. :banana piano: I am not in a hurry to go back to work full time.  :wink:

Ron K

« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2020, 09:19 pm »
using an Adcom GFA555 with my xStatics. Very happy with the results

Jaytor

« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2020, 01:59 am »
Welcome.

If you take the plunge and build one of Danny's kits, you will not be disappointed.

I've been an audiophile for 45+ years and have owned some pretty high-end systems (all relative, but think high-end german luxury sedan cost). I hadn't tried building my own speakers since college in the 70's. About a year ago, I decided to give Danny's NX-Oticas with servo subs a try.

Wow! Grin from ear to ear right from the get-go. And they only got better with some hours on them.

I expect that anything Danny offers will provide amazing bang for the buck, and the immense satisfaction of having built it yourself.

emilm

« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2020, 02:28 pm »
Thank you all for the notes - it's nice to join a group of people that are willing to share and help!!!!

emilm

« Reply #9 on: 26 Dec 2020, 02:48 pm »
Hi Emil , I built an entire home theater around the Aria 5's with the Raven tweeters that I got from Zalytron years ago.
Still use it til this day !

Welcome   :thumb:

Are your Aria 5's still with the original cross-overs? Out of pure curiosity, I thought about sending one to Danny for a review.

Emil

« Reply #10 on: 26 Dec 2020, 03:29 pm »
Emil

Sorry. You have to go

Emil :)

rtate

« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2020, 05:24 pm »
Yes the xovers are original design , only thing I did was upgrade to better quality components
I would be interested to hear Danny's thought on them too !

emilm

« Reply #12 on: 26 Dec 2020, 11:39 pm »
Emil

Sorry. You have to go

Emil :)

Oh - funny... pretty rare to find another Emil!!!

emilm

« Reply #13 on: 26 Dec 2020, 11:40 pm »
Yes the xovers are original design , only thing I did was upgrade to better quality components
I would be interested to hear Danny's thought on them too !

If I decided to send one in - will keep you posted!

devious17

• Dont drive faster than your guardian angel.
« Reply #14 on: 5 Jan 2021, 02:46 am »
 :wave: