Aftermaster Pro

witchdoctor

Aftermaster Pro
« on: 15 Oct 2017, 03:49 am »
Aftermaster Pro is an audio remastering device for movies and music, in essence a new category of product. Developed at Aftermaster Audio Labs, their claim to fame is more hit records than any other music studio in the world. Check out their discography here:

http://aftermaster.com/discography/

So the Aftermaster Pro can be connected between your source and your pre/pro via HDMI or analog.
It will not pass a dolby digital/DTS signal so strictly for 2 channel. I connected it to my Sony UHPH1 and my Marantz 7702 pre/pro via HDMI and wow! Listening to Spotify and CD's is like stepping into the studio. If you want to hear what it sounds like use this link, it pretty much replicates what I hear in my system. I have 2 HDMI outs on my Sony so I can toggle back and forth between the Aftermaster and just going straight into the pre/pro. No comparison, I am hearing deeper into the mix, details are presented without having to try and pick them out in the mix. Bass is very well controlled as I turn up the volume. For less than $200 I think it's a bargain. Amazon has a 30 day return making an audition risk free. Here is the link to check it out. Just switch between A/B using the tracks they have posted:

http://aftermasterpro.com/#/hear

witchdoctor

Re: Aftermaster Pro
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2017, 09:52 pm »
Listening to Pandora on the AM Pro is a revelation, I never knew Pandora could sound so good. I also watched Pulp Fiction up mixing two channel PCM through the AM Pro to Dolby Surround. So many little nuances that stand out in the mix like the back ground sounds of traffic, details in the wonderful soundtrack, nice.

*Scotty*

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2017, 10:55 pm »
Deleted

witchdoctor

« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2017, 12:49 am »
I have been trying this thing out on Fire TV. Amazon Music is fine for casual listening, I like just saying what I want to hear and Alexa starts playing it. SQ is definitely not Tidal. It sounds SO much better through the AM. It just makes everything sound so clear, literally like you are in the studio. I can't believe how much better it makes low rez tracks like Pandora and Amazon Music sound.

A DAC is a digital to ANALOG converter, it seems the AM is embracing the strengths of digital and sending the best remastered signal possible to your preamp for conversion to analog. I guess it is like a digital to digital converter. Taking whatever digital signal you send it and just cleaning it up across the entire frequency range.

JDUBS

« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2017, 01:45 am »
How is this plus MQA?

Lol. 

-Jim

witchdoctor

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2017, 04:10 am »
How is this plus MQA?

Lol. 

-Jim

I haven't tried, but it works great on Pandora, Spotify and Amazon Music.
Did you listen to the A/B tracks on the website?