Lii audio ( xizi ) fast 10

versus rider

Lii audio ( xizi ) fast 10
« on: 28 Feb 2019, 03:56 pm »
Lii audio drivers are available in USA  and Europe, I first found them on a Facebook group, extreme loudspeakers. They sell various full range drivers, from 5" to 15" I was first looking at crystal 10 but at $1000
I was reluctant to take a punt on them. After discussions with the makers I was offered the forerunner of crystal 10, fast 10 at a sensible price, was $540 but with some haggling got them for $420 posted to uk. I built one box with a slotted port rather than two round port tubes of 80mm x 150mm long that I couldn't find anywhere. Drivers arrived yesterday and I cut the hole in the baffle for the driver. I'm running it in my workshop with an Audax AP170 for left channel, just to give the amplifier some load. Initial findings are its very detailed and fast. 99db, playing from a tuner, radio stations are hard to find and most have presenters that like to talk rather than play music. Listened to classical guitar and its exceptional. 15 minutes of playing and I don't expect too much at this stage but definitely got potential. Today I listened most of the day and although the rsdio stations play some rubbish, it was good to find something with bass and its performing well. I expect a longer break in.

« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2019, 05:43 pm by versus rider »

versus rider

Re: Lii audio ( xizi ) fast 10
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2019, 04:09 pm »

Apologies for the photo hadn’t done this
anywhere else

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2019, 05:04 pm »
Here's a link to their website: https://www.lii-audio.com/

Once you get a better feel for how they sound, let us know.

Michael

versus rider

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2019, 05:51 pm »
Listened some more while tidying the workshop and I haven't paid enough attention to this speaker, it really is very good but I think it will get better, bass is more noticeable than at first. The box is too wide for my small room so I've been talking to the maker about a different box. The official box they sell as complete speakers is also too wide. I currently use Zu Omen that have 10" drivers so something about those dimensions would be ideal if it's possible.

versus rider

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2019, 10:09 pm »
Ok so since building the bass reflex box 105 litres I have built a tqwt 135 litres and have both in my listening room. A friend visited yesterday who has much experience of all kinds of speakers and I had purposely not made any comments on these drivers until I had his opinion on them. He said they were excellent and I have to agree one of the best single drivers I've heard. Very even handed, no spikes  across the frequencies to speak of and very detailed. This was the first time I had listened to them for more than an hour, about five hours in all and benefitted from warming up well. I am so pleased with these drivers I have ordered the much more expensive crystal 10 as my friend wants first dibs on the fast 10 should I sell them. Lii audio are offering a free pair of f15, 15" full range drivers with the purchase of crystal 10, so my friend and I can have a play with the 15" in open baffle.

versus rider

« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2019, 10:12 pm »

BR box just temporary until I build another tqwt

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 26 Apr 2019, 07:35 am »
Thanks for your update. I look forward to reading about the 15” OBs.

I’ve now got a pair of 8” OB speakers and really like the soundstage.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2019, 09:38 am »
Nice drivers, thanks for the photos :thumb:
The 15'' driver price only $399, noted the the MMS=13.7gr looks too light for a 15'' bicone.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #8 on: 26 Apr 2019, 10:19 am »
Surprised to see whizzer cones on all their drivers, even down to a 5 incher.

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2019, 11:45 am »
Those are much better priced than the Cube Audio drivers. I wonder how those 6 inchers sound with the two powered JBL subs I own. I am tempted at that price.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #10 on: 26 Apr 2019, 08:13 pm »
Very even handed, no spikes  across the frequencies to speak of and very detailed.
Please note this flat freq chart is not the real driver response mainly in a paper cone, most speaker manufacturers not to say all of them do what they call a medianization of the freq values and a compensation which results in a reduction of the peaks and drops of the real chart, they call the real graph of raw data.

In all my years in audio the only manufacturer that I have seen published its raw data graph was the Alpair 12P, usually most drivers raw data graphics are not nice as this one below but with huge peaks and drops:

Drops are very welcome in the 2-5kHz range since this is the freq range that most easily irritates the human ear when listening to recorded music.

Said it, this not mean that this driver or any other with peaks and drops will sound bad to the human ear, the paper cone offer a beautiful organic tone. This F15 driver looks great imo to a small tube amp if they are 97dB as mentioned 17.Splref(sd) 97.2 dB(Re) especially for the friendly price $399 for a pair:
(In Pair, 2 pcs) Recommended, 15″ Full Range Speaker Driver For Music Loudspeaker With Tube Amplifier F-15
$499.00 $399.00 excl. VAT (EU)

Congratulations seems you get a found.