New tubes

chgolatin2

New tubes
« on: 11 Apr 2007, 02:24 pm »
I recently upgraded my stock tubes to my Jolida 1000RC with JJ KT77's, Mullards AT7 and EH AX7 all tubes are cryo treated.  What do you tube gurus think?    :wink:

thorman

Re: New tubes
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:39 pm »
My Guess is that the sound is different,but your not sure if its better or not..The problem is some times we get used ( or comfortable ) to the way our system sounds and when we read that new ( or different ) tubes will make our system sound better and we then automatically go into visuallizing mode in our mind how it will sound with these new tubes. Unfortunately theres no gaurantee that the change in sound will be in the direction you want to go...If you nailed it,,thats great...I have learned that its kind of a crap shoot changing tubes..Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't....

weirdo

Re: New tubes
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2007, 03:54 pm »
I've found that tube rolling is even more equipment dependant than changing interconnects or speaker wires. Add to that the fact that everyone might have a slightly different objective ( making the sound more tubey, increasing soundstage, reducing microphonics etc). I'm like the previous poster, if you like the sound, mission accomplished.