SOLD: Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC in Silver

sounddog

SOLD: Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC in Silver
« on: 1 Nov 2019, 07:12 pm »
Asking $1100, plus 3% PayPal fee and shipping (within CONUS only) for my Ayre QB-9 DSD in silver (including Ayre box (not the original), manual and power cord). This was a long-time Stereophile Class A+ recommended DAC (“high-resolution digital files popped with life and were marked by a natural flow and physical impact . . .  . Ayre's QB-9 is well engineered, offering excellent performance in both the analog and digital domains”). There are many other positive reviews on the web.

This DAC works flawlessly. The unit is in excellent condition, although I have conservatively rated it 8/10, due to a couple of tiny black marks on the side (none on the front face), which I have shown on one of the attached photos. I am the second owner, having bought this used from an authorized Ayre dealer.

From the Ayre website:
“Perfectly proportioned, the QB-9 DSD is destined to convert your computer into an uncompromised digital library of your favorite music. A simple USB connection engages the Asynchronous transfer mode ensuring accurately timed music with jitter levels over a hundred times lower than previous USB solutions. Our minimum-phase digital filter and single-pass 16x oversampling technology release layers of musical resolution—uncovering the emotional soul of your music.”

Signal/Noise: 110 dB (unweighted)
Output Level: 4 volts balanced, 2 volts single-ended
Input:
1 USB
PCM up to 192 kHz/24 bits, DSD64
Dimensions: 8.5″W x 11.5″D x 3″H
Weight: 5 pounds

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2019, 10:06 pm by sounddog »