Would love to recommend Piano M2 - but when?

willkayakforfood

Would love to recommend Piano M2 - but when?
« on: 23 May 2012, 07:09 pm »
Hello!

I'm often asked by friends or family members to recommend a good CD player (yes, some of us still resist migrating to "computer/DAC only" systems!). 

As a happy user of a beautiful Piano M1, I'd love to recommend the supposed upcoming Piano M2 (would certainly consider one myself, if it would sound even better than my lovely M1), but I can't really recommend something along with the caveat that they might have to wait an entirely undetermined length of time before it becomes available.  Patience is certainly a virtue (oops, no pun intended!), but already, many have chosen something else because the player I'd really like them to try just doesn't yet exist (or, in the case of the Piano M1, we lucky few who have them are holding on to them, thereby not making many available on the used market).

So then Seth - any word on an approximate timetable for Piano M2 release?  Oh, and while I'm at it... any word on upcoming availability of more Virtue TWO.2 amps as well?

Thanks!

mick wolfe

Re: Would love to recommend Piano M2 - but when?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2012, 11:44 pm »
I would have bought one months ago on the strength of your recommendation/review over at AudioAsylum, but have since moved on.  Simply got tired of "product not available" type statement that had/has been up forever.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2012, 04:54 am »
Mick,

I felt so bad reading your post that I'm going to get the ball moving on M2 sooner.  Jason reminded me that we have a pile of sides in storage... so that will make it easier to produce the first 50 units at least.

I've posted a listening tour.  Since you're not a customer, you don't qualify, but hopefully one day we will count you as a customer.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106952.msg1096383#msg1096383

Thanks for the kick in the arse.

Seth

willkayakforfood

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm »
Mick,

I felt so bad reading your post that I'm going to get the ball moving on M2 sooner.  Jason reminded me that we have a pile of sides in storage... so that will make it easier to produce the first 50 units at least.

I've posted a listening tour.  Since you're not a customer, you don't qualify, but hopefully one day we will count you as a customer.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106952.msg1096383#msg1096383

Thanks for the kick in the arse.

Seth

Hey Seth - glad to know you're making some positive moves on the M2! :)

The listening tour is a great idea.  If the M2 turns out to be as good as I would expect, I hope you'll get some good word-of-mouth advertising spread far and wide.  I'm so happy with my M1, I'd love to know that many people can have good CD sound for a reasonable price - and that growing interest will help you get your business going strong into the future.

Best of luck to you!

Melissa
« Last Edit: 3 Jun 2012, 01:22 am by willkayakforfood »

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2012, 08:36 am »
Melissa,

Thanks so much!  And for your great review too:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/messages/15/159440.html

Seth