Here is a great track to test your system!

vinny1

Re: Here is a great track to test your system!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2007, 04:01 pm »
The city library is a good idea...atleast get a chance to listen to it before I buy it for my collection..thanks for the idea guys :)

hopeforcash

« Reply #21 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:26 am »
I use the Durham public library even though sometimes a good track may not sound too good due to misuse of the CD.  I don't understand why people mistreat the CD/DVDs in such a way.  However, it gives me a risk free tryout of the CDs and if I like them, the search is on for one to purchase.  This gives me opportunities to listen to music I never heard of or by people/bands I have not noticed from World genre, Easy listening, to Jazz to Classical to Pop.  My local library selection over the year is almost exhausted and I may have to start looking in Rap Hip Hop and Country.  The online system at least for me is great when it works.  I can search, see status but never lets me reserve for some reason.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #22 on: 23 Feb 2007, 03:33 am »
Oftentimes, I just go to Amazon.com and check stuff out there. You can often preview songs on albums long enough to get a feel for if you like it or not.

You can browse by genre or any number of browsing methods. I've found the odd thing here or there that I would not have come across otherwise.

And it's all at your fingertips. Bonus!

Cheers

rick ch

« Reply #23 on: 23 Feb 2007, 04:34 am »
In a similar vein, DVD Empire also has sample clips.  A few times when the Amazon listing didn't have samples, I found them on DVD Empire