Joining Toronto Area Audio Society

Rafal

• Artwork by Rafal Gwozdz
Joining Toronto Area Audio Society
« on: 30 Dec 2006, 10:06 pm »
Hi,

I'm in  London Ontario, and would likt o join the Toronto Area Audio Society. Is htat possible and if so, How do I go about that?

Thanks,

Rafal
http://www.artworkbyrafalgwozdz.blogspot.com/

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
Re: Joining Toronto Area Audio Society
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2006, 10:34 pm »
Rafal,

Welcome.  :D

All you need to do is send your full contact info to Spirit, the moderator of the TAAS. As you're aleady a member of AudioCircle, you can follow our circle here on AC, that's how you'll keep informed as to upcoming events and so forth.

We have an upcoming event planned in late January that's going to be fun. Our Amp Comparo 2007. You're more than welcome to attend.

Cheers

Rafal

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2006, 11:39 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have just sent Spirit an e-mail. I would love to attend the 2007 amp comparo. If you guys want, I can even bring my DIY Charlize.

Cheers,

Rafal

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2006, 11:47 pm »
Rafal,

Right now we are bordering on havin too many amps, and might have to do this over 2 days. We'll see. Thanks for the offer. Can you describe what your amp is all about?

Who knows? We might do a similar feature with kit type amps and pre-amps. There are a lot of things we can do for upcoming events.

Cheers

Rafal

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2006, 11:54 pm »
here is the link to the site where I got the kit. http://www.diyparadise.com/charlize.html
It is a switching mode amp based on tripath 2020 chip. About 10watts/ch of clean power. i think a meet specifically for DIY amps/kits would be cool, but it would be nice to have a professionally made amp there too so one could use it as a point of reference.

Cheers,

Rafal

aerius

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2006, 12:09 am »
Thank you for your interest in the TAAS, membership is pretty simple, simply email your full credit card information and bank account number and PIN to the TAAS membership registration representative (that would be me), and your serialized membership certificate will be mailed out promptly.  :lol: :P

Ok, seriously now, just follow along in our little circle here and say hi to Spirit, he'll set you up.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2006, 12:18 am »
There is of course the pre-requisite hazing ritual that you must endure at your first meet. Did I forget to mention that?  :o

Cheers

MKOM

• My Kind of Music by J & D Design
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2006, 05:37 am »
Assume the position..... :o

Glad to have you on board, Rafal.

Cheers,

MKOM

Rafal

« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2006, 06:16 am »
It's good to be onboard.

I can't wait to meet you all in person.

Cheers,

Rafal

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2006, 06:54 pm »
You'll live to regret this..... :lol:

Cheers

DonnieW

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2007, 01:36 pm »
There is of course the pre-requisite hazing ritual that you must endure at your first meet. Did I forget to mention that?  :o

Audiophiles... tough crowd  :lol:

MKOM

• My Kind of Music by J & D Design
« Reply #11 on: 2 Jan 2007, 01:28 am »
You Betcha Donnie   :D

....but what's ironic is that we appear to be an "Audiophile" free zone.....  :thumb:

Cheers & Happy New Year

MKOM  :beer: 

DonnieW

« Reply #12 on: 2 Jan 2007, 02:56 am »
You Betcha Donnie   :D

....but what's ironic is that we appear to be an "Audiophile" free zone.....  :thumb:

Cheers & Happy New Year

MKOM  :beer: 

Ya it's strange like that.  I don't know if it's just the Canadian in us??  I suspect not because I know at least one Yankee lurks among us and he happens to be a good friend.

Funny enough I continue to have great dialogues :argue: with TAAS members.  Just today Dayglo and I shot the breeze for a couple hours and I didn't want to harm him :guns: nor did I feel inclined to burn his house down :flame: - a rarity amongst passionate and opinionated audiophiles such as ourselves.   :lol:

phowell1

« Reply #13 on: 18 Jan 2007, 06:56 pm »
Hi Gang,

I am thrilled to be attending the amp comparo. You seem like such a good crowd.

I realize that there seems to be an overabundance of amplifiers, but I will throw mine into the ring as well.

I have a pp el34 amp built by a local hobbyist. It sounds very nice to my ears but I don't have a lot of recent comparison experience.

I look forward to meeting you guys.

cheers! :D