Salk StreamPlayer II issue or dac?

jd3

Salk StreamPlayer II issue or dac?
« on: 9 Dec 2018, 07:29 pm »
Wonder if anyone has encountered this issue.  I was playing a Roon playlist and as it was going to the next track, I heard an electronic hash or hiss sound for about 5 seconds, and then nothing would play.  As I tried to play a the track again it would just scroll down each track as if it was attempting to play the tracks but no sound.  As this playlist was all Tidal songs I tried playlists on the Stream Player hard drive, and the same thing occurred.  I restarted the Stream Player and turned the dac off and on and now Roon doesn't show the dac (the entire audio zone was deleted and it doesn't detect it).  My other zones all work and I can play on my iPad and on my HT system in the basement.  I have a PS Audio Gain Cell dac, and the optical input from my tv still works.  Did the usb input on my dac fry or it is something with the Stream Player or Roon? I've contacted PS Audio but haven't heard back from their tech support.  Any ideas?

jsalk

Re: Salk StreamPlayer II issue or dac?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2018, 03:45 pm »
Are you using the StreamPlayer to play to other zones?  If so, no problem with the StreamPlayer. 

I haven't heard of this particular issue.  I would unplug the USB cable from the DAC, re-boot the StreamPlayer, re-boot the DAC and when both the StreamPlayer and DAC are up an running, re-connect the USB cable.

Let us know how that works out.

- Jim

jd3

« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2018, 04:55 pm »
Jim,
Thanks for the suggestions.  It will play to the other zones.  I rebooted and now it is showing up!  I did get a response from PS Audio and they suggested I send the dac back for them to look at.  I'll see if it happens again.

Thanks Jim!

John

jd3

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2018, 05:31 pm »
Well I guess it’s the dac.  Played 4 tracks fine, then electronic hash sound and now no audio.  Sending it in to PS Audio.

Saturn94

jd3

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2018, 11:47 am »
Maybe, but I've played that same playlist about 10 times with no issues until the other day, and all of the tracks are the same sample rate.