Ridge Street Audio Designs introduces itself to AudioCircle

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #40 on: 20 Oct 2003, 05:13 pm »
Quote from: doug s.
hi lak, no offense meant to you here, (or to robt schult) - i am sure ya know what yure talking about.  and, i trust francisco's judgments as well.  but, i would take anyting i read on audiogon's forums w/a grain of salt - anyting posted that's not complimentary to a-gon's commercial interests is subject to be deleted - amhik!   :o

regards,

doug s.
                    This statement holds true for ANY internet forum and pretty much goes without saying. So afaic it DIDN`T need to be said!  :nono: Regards, Robin

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #41 on: 20 Oct 2003, 05:43 pm »
Quote from: satfrat
hi lak, no offense meant to you here, (or to robt schult) - i am sure ya know what yure talking about.  and, i trust francisco's judgments as well.  but, i would take anyting i read on audiogon's forums w/a grain of salt - anyting posted that's not complimentary to a-gon's commercial interests is subject to be deleted - amhik!   :o

regards,

doug s.
                    This statement holds true for ANY internet forum and pretty much goes without saying. So afaic it DIDN`T need to be said!  :nono: Regards, Robin

not so here, or on the audio asylum, or on the yahoo fm tuner forum, to name three...   :nono:

doug s.

Lak

« Reply #42 on: 20 Oct 2003, 07:42 pm »
doug s,
No offense taken.
I could have posted on Audiocircle (and have one regarding the DeZorel under the audition of the unit) but that’s another story. I don’t want to jump from forum to forum, posting the same review.
I think those involved in a demo should be a harsh judge and reach their own conclusions, which I think will be very favorable.
I look forward to reading others opinions.
Regards,
Lak
 :D

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #43 on: 20 Oct 2003, 07:50 pm »
s'ok lak - perhaps i'm a bit overly sensitive, as a thread in which i was a recent participant over there, (about tuna, which is near & dear to my heart!   :) ), was deleted, as someone obviously dint like the truth being spread...   :|   and, i never normally post there, or read those forums, but i rose to francisco's bait, when he sent me the tuna-thread, knowing i'd be interested.  so, when ass-gone deleted the entire thread, i was all the more p.o.'d

oh well...

doug s.

Lak

« Reply #44 on: 20 Oct 2003, 10:35 pm »
dougs,
It’s a shame those games are played, it’s not right and I despise it!  :nono:
Lak

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #45 on: 20 Oct 2003, 10:51 pm »
Quote from: Lak
dougs,
It?s a shame those games are played, it?s not right and I despise it!  :nono:
Lak
                        So goes life on the internet. :D But for Doug s to dicount a perfectly honest review (that hit`s the nail on the head) of Ridge Street`s MSE gen11 IC`s & speaker cables just because it`s located on A’gon is pure BS. The man`s got personal issues, maybe caused from a bad can of tuna. :o Who knows? Regards, Robin

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #46 on: 21 Oct 2003, 12:52 am »
Quote from: satfrat
...The man`s got personal issues, maybe caused from a bad can of tuna. :o Who knows? Regards, Robin

:lol:   touche, satfrat!

seriously, ya miss my point - i have nuttin' against lak or his review - it's a-gon i don't like.  i'm all for honesty & integrity, & anytime i can encourage folk to wisit sites like a/c, instead of a-gon, i'll do it.  if being for honesty & integrity is a personal issue, then i am guilty as charged...   :wink:

regards,

doug s.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 21 Oct 2003, 12:59 am »
You gotta sense of humor Doug,,, and that`s a GOOD THING! :D Regards, Robin

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #48 on: 21 Oct 2003, 04:42 am »
Ok kids...That's it! No more! I'm taking everything I read on THIS site with a grain of salt! No one can spell!

1.) Physicalarminal... it's "you" not "ewe"
2.) Sitfart....it's ' not `as in "it's"...not "it`s"
3.) Dough s. ...it's "visit" not "wisit"

Use your Spell Jerker and you'll look much more perfumissional with your copulation skills. You'll be taken much more soreiously at the least.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #49 on: 21 Oct 2003, 05:08 am »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
Ok kids...That's it! No more! I'm taking everything I read on THIS site with a grain of salt! No one can spell!

Do you sea what`s eye mean bye a cent`s of humor? Or the lack thereof? And to think I wasted all summer with this man trying to teach him how to tell a joke :roll: , just to be critiqued on a ` instead of a ’. At least I didn`t waste my money by my purchase of his IC`s, digital link, and speaker cables. As good as his cables are, I can easily overlook the man`s shortcumings. :o And so should you! This commerial was paid by the good ppl at Hooker Depot,,,, ‘‘we`ll take your shortcumings and LIKE IT’’. :mrgreen: Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #50 on: 21 Oct 2003, 06:59 am »
What was that Tuna thread about  ? ?  :?:   :?

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #51 on: 21 Oct 2003, 10:15 am »
Audiojerry,
I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but perhaps I better...Those "two cute little balls" are patterned after the famous Mapingo Dots. They are tuning devices and they're called Midinky Nutz. As per Chuck Josephson, I have hundreds of thousands of these hanging from my ceiling, from my cables, inside my speakers, glued to my tweeters, inside my custom made 300b tubes, all over the floor, on my mail box across the street, on my mains box, on the transformer and transformer pole behind my home, my wife wears them anytime she comes into the listening room....anywhere where I think they will do something. I also make sure they face North. The only problem this causes is when my wife walks into the listening room, she has to walk in backwards...might not be an issue with other people's rooms. I just tend to be a little obsessive.

I tried to take a picture to post but the reflection from the flash off of all the little balls just made the picture a huge blinding light blur....more eerie than illustrative. The two you have are a good place to start. Hang them anywhere where they do something. The effects are cumulative. The more you use, the more remarkable it all becomes! The effect is really something as you may already know. It's okay if your cat swallows them. They even do something to animals. Especially when they're in the listening room during music. When the cat uses the litter box, just load the kitty up again! As a matter of fact, even with animals, the more you give them, the effect is cumulative and the more something will happen!  BTW, after Halloween, you should be able to buy a ton of these real cheap. ENJOY!

audiojerry

« Reply #52 on: 21 Oct 2003, 01:05 pm »
Well, I did hang the two from my light fixture, and I noticed a much wider dispersion of ambient sound. Can I order a few dozen more - name your price  
ps: It's not nice to tease   :nono:

audiojerry

« Reply #53 on: 21 Oct 2003, 03:55 pm »
I have had a chance to audition all the cables supplied, both separately and cumulatively.

It is difficult to come to grips with an experience that completely shatters a previously held belief that you regarded as truth.
I've owned some very good and very expensive silver interconnect including some $1800/meter Audiotruth, and $3500 Audiotruth Dragon speaker cable.  Everything I believed about silver is now a myth.

I thought I had a handle on the limits of how good a cable can be, but I was wrong.    

I should be thrilled, but this makes me very angry. I am in the midst of trying to let go of my high rez components and settling on a Sony all-in-one digital substitute. But then MR. SCHULT deviously and maliciously sends me his wires and elevates my system to soaring heights. This may make it impossible for me to settle for the Sony. THANKS ALOT!  :guns:

Well, maybe I will still be able to get his MSE speaker wire, but with 14' that I would need, it would be almost double the cost of the Sony. Maybe Robert could work some wiring and other sonic improvements into the Sony.

No disrespect intended, but anyone clinging to the silly notion that something like a cheap Beldon solution is all that anyone requires is deluding himself.

Regardless, from my experience with the MSE cables I have garnered great respect for the man's talents and his ear. It takes more than technical know how, knowledge, and  measurements to design wires that sound this good. I'd love to hear the rest of Robert's system. How about it, Robert?         :notworthy:

Lak

« Reply #54 on: 21 Oct 2003, 04:35 pm »
Field Trip To Roberts House!
 :mrgreen:
Lak

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #55 on: 21 Oct 2003, 05:56 pm »
Quote from: Lak
Field Trip To Roberts House!
 :mrgreen:
Lak
                                                             I`ll spring for the blue M&M’’’s! :D Regards, Robin

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #56 on: 22 Oct 2003, 12:59 am »
Audiojerry and others....
Well, damnit! I can't win. At AA I get attacked from folks who really know nothing about our products and their performance...the ”Table Top Bob and His Magic Cable Show” Charlton. Here, at least one of you is mad at me because my efforts “shatter” your belief system! Maybe I should team with Chuck and just sell Midinky Nutz. BTW, that’s the secret to our cables. I have the Midinky Nuts soldered in line on all our cables….and Satfrat thought it was the Bybees! NOT! I loved the Bybees enough that I kept ‘em and substituted the Midinky Nutz on your digital cable!

Jerry, Thank You for the very kind words. I’m quite flattered and I’m glad you’re enjoying them. Expereinces like yours are what motivate me and make our venture worthwhile.

To have some of you folks make a “road trip” to Ridge Street Audio would be wonderful and a great time I’m sure! It’s been a vision of mine to host an evening(s) of great music with like minded enthusiasts from around the country. Consider an invitation forth coming. I have lots to do before I can do this as well as I would like…as a few of you know, my wife and I just more or less completed building living quarters onto our home for my Mother-In-Law and now I’m still remodeling my listening/show room. As being the new kid on the block and with Ridge Street Audio Designs being my sole means of income, some things go a little slower than I would like. Probably spring or maybe sooner.

Psychicanimal

« Reply #57 on: 22 Oct 2003, 03:06 am »
not so here, or on the audio asylum, or on the yahoo fm tuner forum, to name three...   :nono:

doug s.

Audio Asylum?

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Doug,

It would be good for your mental health to leave that grudge of yours w/ Audiogon way behind.  It has absolutely no place here.  :nono:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #58 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:14 am »
Quote from: Robert C. Schult
Audiojerry and others....
Well, damnit! I can't win. At AA I get attacked from folks who really know nothing about our products and their performance...the ”Table Top Bob and His Magic Cable Show” Charlton. Here, at least one of you is mad at me because my efforts “shatter” your belief system! Maybe I should team with Chuck and just sell Midinky Nutz. BTW, that’s the secret to our cables. I have the Midinky Nuts soldered in line on all our cables….and Satfrat thought it was the Bybees! NOT! I loved the Byb ...
                    Robert, does this mean if I order another digital cable, this time with silver Bybee`s, that you`ll keep them too? Damn if I`ll probably do it, I want another MSE digital for my DVD player and I`m sick of switching my ‘Midicky Nut’ cable from my satellite receiver to my DVD. You know this would never had been an issue if it wasn`t for Lonewolf42 sending me some burned CD`s from his collection to help break in my Lorelei`s. After hearing the awesome sonic improvement that the MSE digital cable w/‘whatever’ made over my Monster Cable Datalink w/Bybee inline, I needed this cable when listening to the CD`s. And I`m gonna want another. :D  But Robert,,,, I must say that I apologise for making light of your ‘shortcummings’ now that I know that I`ve got your ‘Midicky Nuts’ in my digital cable. :cry: My deepest regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #59 on: 22 Oct 2003, 06:29 am »
satfrat : "You know this would never had been an issue if it wasn`t for Lonewolf42 sending me some burned CD`s from his collection to help break in my Lorelei`s."   Thought you could use some good music - too much TV and DVD will make you go blind ! !  :lol: (How much credit ya got left ? )  :lol: