Carver TFM-35x Amplifier

SWBoss

Carver TFM-35x Amplifier
« on: 20 Feb 2024, 09:02 pm »
Greetings,
Came here looking for information and insight on the Carver TFM-35x Amplifier. 
Considering a re-cap on my original, 1995 device which triggers the protect mode cycle at only about 30-40% volume.
Service manual would certainly be helpful,  if there is such.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Carver TFM-35x Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2024, 11:31 pm »
Greetings,
Came here looking for information and insight on the Carver TFM-35x Amplifier. 
Considering a re-cap on my original, 1995 device which triggers the protect mode cycle at only about 30-40% volume.
Service manual would certainly be helpful,  if there is such.
Certainly there is the SM online. I had the Silver9T to drive the Amazing Silver PE, besides a small 250W power transformer it could drive the Amazing well.
Per chance your speaker are 4Ω or low sensitivity ?

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2024, 12:20 am »
I did a quick google search and see some download sites for the TFM-35x schematics. My local repair guy never had much luck getting any info from Carver.  Hope you can troubleshoot the issue and get that up and running again soon.

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2024, 12:38 am »
The CarverSite forum has an extensive library of service manuals for Phase Linear, Carver and Sunfire gear, in addition to several knowledgable tech guys.  The forum administrator, Greg Garska of Nelion Audio, has extensive experience refurbishing Carver gear.  You can download a service manual directly from that site.

Also; I have a recap parts list for a TFM-25, which is essentially the same amp as the TFM-35 and likely uses the same caps.   

djpk

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2024, 02:28 am »
Nelion Audio refurbished my Carver TFM-35x about a year ago. I am very happy with the result. If you really like your amp I recommend sending it to Nelion Audio.