Song BEATS is an amazing speaker

artofaudio

Song BEATS is an amazing speaker
« on: 12 Oct 2021, 04:37 pm »
Jim hit a home run with this speaker.  I've never bought a speaker without hearing it first, but I took the plunge based on user reviews and Jim's help. The last speaker that I owned some years ago was the Magnepan 1.6 with Conrad Johnson components.  It sounded great but without the slam that I desired.  The BEATS are very different.  They just play music very cohesively and there are no disconnects from top to bottom.  I had no idea what to expect from the beryllium tweeters but they add nothing extra to the music. They simply convey the music in a realistic scale and space. The sound stage is not exaggerated or compressed, it's just right.  Actually, I was surprised how good this speaker sounds at low listening levels.  I can have the volume set at a very low level and still hear every detail. 

I played an album by Fausto Mesolella and was blown away how realistic the guitar sounded.  I tried everything from Cassandra Wilson to hip hop and most sounded great.  I simply cannot tolerate a bad recording regardless of artist. So yes, if it is a bad recording it does not sound good to my ears.   
https://www.nativedsd.com/product/sacd201-madama-terra/

The Cary Audio si3002d integrated and Lumin U1 Mini with Uptone Audio power supply with the Song BEATS is a spectacular combination.  I'm sure the BEATS or any of Jim's speakers would sound great with just about any amp.  Just my 2 cents......

rmdtexas

Re: Song BEATS is an amazing speaker
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2021, 08:08 pm »
Fully agree. I went from 1.6s with Krell. To the BeATs using PS Audio M700 & sgcd. Absolutely no regrets.