Song 3 vs HT 2 Speakers

Rocket

Song 3 vs HT 2 Speakers
« on: 15 May 2019, 02:21 pm »
Hi Guys,

Believe it or not but I've come across a pair of Song 3's secondhand in Perth, Western Australia.  Just wondering whether anyone has compared them with HT2's? I had this speaker a long time ago. The seller wants $2100US.  Its a good price in Australia due to the exchange rate, shipping and taxes.  It would probably cost about $4000US all up to purchase and import them to Oz.

Cheers Rod

lewdogg

Re: Song 3 vs HT 2 Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2019, 03:53 pm »
Hi Guys,

Believe it or not but I've come across a pair of Song 3's secondhand in Perth, Western Australia.  Just wondering whether anyone has compared them with HT2's? I had this speaker a long time ago. The seller wants $2100US.  Its a good price in Australia due to the exchange rate, shipping and taxes.  It would probably cost about $4000US all up to purchase and import them to Oz.

Cheers Rod

Saw those on USAudioMart. Can't answer your question, but if you're looking for a pair of Salks and don't want to pay double the price, I think you've found your deal.  :D

Rocket

Re: Song 3 vs HT 2 Speakers
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2019, 01:36 pm »
Hi,

Went and had a listen and after 5 minutes I told the guy I wanted to buy them.  Was able to purchase them for $2000USD.  I've had a divorce and can't use my HT3's so the Song 3's fit the bill as they are smaller and easier to drive.  Sound very good.

Cheers Rod