VMPS will be announcing the BIGGEST development EVER!!!!!

CornellAlum

« Reply #20 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:02 pm »
Quote from: Florian
I am interested in this NEW technology but i am sceptical. First lets see what it is, and then take a listen to it. And please (even if i get shot for this) work on the QC.

-Flo

:::turn on best cowboy voice:::

Them's figtin words round here boy :nono:  :lol:

spelling corrected, long day!

brj

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:24 pm »
Quote from: CornellAlum
Quote from: Florian
I am interested in this NEW technology but i am sceptical. First lets see what it is, and then take a listen to it. And please (even if i get shot for this) work on the QC.

-Flo

:::turn on best coyboy voice:::

Them's figtin words round here boy :nono:  :lol:

Which words?  Were you referring to the cautious approach to new technology (now speaking for myself, not Florian) brought on by years of marketing departments at virtually every company overpromising on new products, or the request for better quality control?

CornellAlum

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:33 pm »
The quality control part...I was just being a smartass!

wshuff

« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2005, 08:58 pm »
"Coyboy"?

Is that somebody in a boy band?

wshuff

« Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2005, 09:00 pm »
John,

Will this new development be cost effective for an older pair of standard 626R with the standard x-over and spiral ribbon tweeter?

John Casler

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2005, 11:10 pm »
Quote from: wshuff
John,

Will this new development be cost effective for an older paid of standard 626R with the standard x-over and spiral ribbon tweeter?

Paid or not,  :lol: I think this will work with all the ribbons, but if B is around maybe he can address the "spiral" ribbon benefit.

ScottMayo

« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2005, 11:25 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
I think this will work with all the ribbons.

Oooh. An information leak. Now we know it's a treatment applied to ribbon drivers.

Keep on 'im, boys! We'll have the Sekret Formula by nightfall!

---
If this involves smearing Elmers on the ribbons, though, I'm going to freak.

John Casler

« Reply #27 on: 23 Aug 2005, 11:28 pm »
I have just spent the last hour with the beta speakers and they have qualities that are hard to describe.

I am certainly hearing much more of the music in a "fuller" way, but specific details that were somewhat hidden before (since I used to listen for them I know) are now just more present and clear without drawing any attention to themselves, except to be well defined and present, rather than hiding slightly behind everything else.

As a side note as I sit here in my office, I can hear it in the other room and it sounds much more like a live band playing in the other room. :mrgreen:

Woodsea

« Reply #28 on: 24 Aug 2005, 12:14 am »
Well John,
Which one of you is going to come to Mongolia to 'fix' my speakers? 8)

Marbles

« Reply #29 on: 24 Aug 2005, 01:05 am »
What is the approximate upgrade price for a pair of 40's?

I won't hold you to anything, I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.

warnerwh

« Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2005, 02:13 am »
It's pretty hard to imagine my RM 40's sounding any better and certainly no more enjoyable.  I take that back if you can make my RM 40's turn into beautiful Jeannies then maybe I could enjoy them more :lol:  Other than that I can't imagine a significant improvement.  How long til we know what you're talking about John?

John Casler

« Reply #31 on: 24 Aug 2005, 04:16 am »
Quote from: Marbles
What is the approximate upgrade price for a pair of 40's?

I won't hold you to anything, I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.

As always, I can't help but "let the cat out of the bag". :lol:

We are quite a ways from pricing.  B, posted me that he had just finished the RM40 prototype today, and that it is better improvement than the RM30 results (no reason given)

The steps are as follows:

Patent application is being submitted to the Intellectual Property Attorney

Prototypes will be made for all models for testing

The technology will be "introduced" or "unveiled" (literally) at the 2006 CES in Jan.

Unless.... B, decides to begin offering it earlier (always a possiblility :) )

DFaulds

« Reply #32 on: 24 Aug 2005, 08:19 pm »
John, this post is WAY too early.  If B isn't going to officially announce this "wonder" until 2006 CES, you should have held off on this thread until around Dec 1.  You generated a little exctement that will be nearly impossible to keep up without actually giving it away early.

Tirade

« Reply #33 on: 24 Aug 2005, 08:24 pm »
They can probably give it away once the patent information is done (that doesnt usually take very long). The official unveiling may not happen until Jan, but that dont mean you guys wont have the info much earlier.

John Casler

« Reply #34 on: 24 Aug 2005, 08:32 pm »
Quote from: DFaulds
John, this post is WAY too early.  If B isn't going to officially announce this "wonder" until 2006 CES, you should have held off on this thread until around Dec 1.  You generated a little exctement that will be nearly impossible to keep up without actually giving it away early.

You're 100% correct.  It is just so hard to keep a secret :wink:

While this isn't in "stone", we will likely be able to disclose some of the conceptual technology after filing.

Then there may be some prototype reports, "beta testing" time, and then CES.  That 4 months till CES will go fast.  In fact, anyone going should book a room early.

KJ

« Reply #35 on: 24 Aug 2005, 08:50 pm »
Quote from: John Casler
The technology will be "introduced" or "unveiled" (literally) at the 2006 CES in Jan.

If CES is in January and holiday shopping starts in November it might behoove Brian to spill the beans earlier than planned.  'Let's take it up a notch!'

-KJ

CornellAlum

« Reply #36 on: 24 Aug 2005, 08:53 pm »
At the very least, give us an idea of how much money NOT to spend during the holidays!

Doublej

« Reply #37 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:01 pm »
My guess is it will be another attempt at addressing the limitations of stereo without adding a third channel. It will be similar but different to the implementations from

Fried
Polk
Carver
(who else has done something?)

My recollections about these prior products is that they have received favorable reviews but never seem to get sufficient traction to remain in the marketplace for very long.

suits_me

« Reply #38 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:35 pm »
Didn't some Dynaco person have an end user "cross wiring" scheme, too, that was externally somewhat like Fried's MARS?

I was also thinking some kind of acoustic lens or diffuser about the drivers....

Then I realized it's ceremonial mushrooms.

rosconey

« Reply #39 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:39 pm »
biggest development ever :?:

man my dreams have come true-a audio device that helps with penis growth :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: