Class D Bryston

jobiwon

Re: Class D Bryston
« Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2021, 02:52 pm »
I ran a PS Audio Stellar 300 (ICE Power that came out ~2017) for a couple years.  I fronted it with a tube pre with matched Mullards.  I thought it sounded purdy dang good for the money I had invested.

I just moved back to class A/B just to see if thats where I wanted to be.  Jury still out for me,  but Class D in the right configuration has closed the gap significantly.

gbaby

« Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2021, 03:56 pm »
At least respect the company enough to get the name correct - Purifi. Do some research and you will see that their new modules are some of the best measuring amplifiers ever produced. Bryston and other companies could do far worse than look into this technology.

If this is disrespectful then I'm done. :o :roll:

RDavidson

« Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2021, 04:01 am »
I don't know when this will happen, but I think at some point in the future that proprietary class D will be ubiquitous. And different manufacturers (perhaps Bryston included) will design and develop their very own class D technology to have a sonic signature per the designer's or brand's sonic values. I know it may be hard to envision this, but I think it'll happen much like how transistors "replaced" tubes. That's not to say class A and A/B tube and solid state amps will vanish. I don't see that happening. I simply see class D proliferating. It has come a very long way over the last 15 years and it continues to get better. That's just my crystal ball talking to me. Only time will tell.