Bryston BDP-3 mapping

Francois_Tardif

Bryston BDP-3 mapping
« on: 7 Jan 2021, 02:48 pm »
Hi,

I am having problem with the mapping of my BDP-3. I use Windows 10. I have tried mapping with my IP address and hostname, but each time that I reboot, I have to disconnect those mapping and re-map. Anyone is having this problem? Any solution?

Francois

bokko

Re: Bryston BDP-3 mapping
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jan 2021, 02:15 am »
Are you referring to mapping a folder visible to network? “Mapping a network drive”

You would need to make sure the BDP or computer keeps the same IP address. Depending on which way it needs to go. (Don’t own one)

The best way to do this is from router. This is often referred to as reserving an IP address.
Setting can often be found on DHCP section of router settings section.

If you want to post or PM model of your router I can look up manual tell you what page to look at.

Francois_Tardif

Re: Bryston BDP-3 mapping
« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2021, 01:01 pm »
Thanks for you reply.

Yes, I am referring to mapping a folder visible to network? “Mapping a network drive”, and when I reboot Windows, I cannot access the folder. I must disconnect and re-do the mapping.

My router is from the company VIDEOTRON (model EMG2926). I already "reserved" IP adresses in the DHCP section.

It's a nightmare configuring this streamer. Maybe Bryston could do remote assistance for helping me configuring the equipment.