bryston bdp-1 issue

malpa

bryston bdp-1 issue
« on: 3 Jan 2021, 11:08 am »
hi everyone and a happy new year!!!,
I own bdp-1 and had it for over 8 years, and it has always worked great,...till yesterday in fact :-).
I have the latest software update and I always had controlled it using Mpod on my iPad,..love this app.
Yesterday I wanted to use it as usual but the Mpod app doesn't see my Bryston bdp, I checked the IP address and etc, all details are there just as it always was it was, but I can't get any info/song list on the app and it crashes/freezes after few minutes.
just to find out if the issue has something to do with the Mpod app, I downloaded the Soundirok app and added my Bryston IP address and etc,...and the app doesn't see my Bryston either.
????
I can use my IP address in google chrome and I can see the manic moose interface and I can play music from there,...not working very flawlessly but it's working, better than nothing :-)
does anyone have or have had a similar issue to mine??
please let me know.
best
p.

hawkeye99

Re: bryston bdp-1 issue
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2021, 11:48 am »
Did you try unplugging the unit for a few minutes? You can try rebooting your router. And there is also a network reset you can access on the front panel of the BDP.

malpa

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2021, 03:30 pm »
hi,
yes ...done it all,
router reset,..unplugged over night,..network reset.
?
it works on my pc, manic moose..works good,..buy no other mpd app, just not seen by  them

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2021, 03:51 pm »
hi,
yes ...done it all,
router reset,..unplugged over night,..network reset.
?
it works on my pc, manic moose..works good,..buy no other mpd app, just not seen by  them

Hi

This sounds like a Chris involvement issue - he is back to work tomorrow - may require him to dial in and have a look.

james

malpa

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2021, 11:39 pm »
hi,
...that's great news, how do I contact Chris? i have never posted here before :-).
best.
M

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2021, 12:46 am »
I suspect you're either entering something wrong, not entering entering enough settings or trying to enter to many settings.

the address should be the ip address assigned to the BDP by your home router
the port should be 6600
all other fields should be left blank

Chris

malpa

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2021, 03:57 pm »
hi Chris,
that's how it is,..and that's how it always has been,
I haven't changed it for years,...but I do know how to connect it with MPD app, unfortunately not possible any longer.
?
any more clues. thank you,
best.