New User with JBLs Ti10k towers

KappaIcon17

New User with JBLs Ti10k towers
« on: 24 Apr 2024, 07:50 pm »
Hey All,
I am a new user that joined to read some topics from learned audiophiles. I don't have anything specific to discuss. I jumped on this site to read on the idea of redoing the internals of a pair of JBL Ti10k speakers. One of the mid hi speakers (804 ti) within the 10K tower is frozen. Shop is calling for a replacement of the mid hi speaker. These speakers are 20 years old and no longer repairable. I found a used JBL 904 ti mid hi online and I'm trying to replace with that. The crossover needs work also....I determined that from no longer hearing the tweeter within the Ti10k, though when tested the tweeter does work. I keep reading about upgrading capacitors, resistors and transducers and wanted to know a little more about wiring and all. I am sure what was around 20 years ago is not the same today so I do plan to drag the other speaker in to have it's crossover upgraded to match. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2024, 10:24 pm by KappaIcon17 »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: New User
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2024, 07:59 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

Re: New User
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2024, 08:09 pm »
Welcome!  check out sites like Madisound which also has links to other speaker repair sites