Most Overplayed

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Most Overplayed
« Reply #40 on: 17 Nov 2012, 09:44 pm »
So what do artists dying from overdoses have to do with this subject? You are a strange man.
Sorry if looks this bad.
It is sad to see great artists from Rock working in ostracism and fully neglecet by the media.
This band was scheduled to play in my city, but the show was canceled due lack of audience, were sold only about 30 tickets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJHaQbzkmt4&feature=related
While Gaga had over 31 millions followers on Twitter and growing.

kbuzz3

« Reply #41 on: 18 Nov 2012, 03:34 pm »
In no particular order anything by

Phil collins
Billy joel
Bon jovi.   They sucked three decades ago why are they still here
Judy blue eyes. I swear i may have car accident if i hear this one more time

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #42 on: 18 Nov 2012, 03:45 pm »

ctviggen

« Reply #43 on: 18 Nov 2012, 05:25 pm »
Being an audiophile, I have to add Diana Krall to the list. 

I saw a television show of one of her concerts.  By far the best part was when Dolly Parton came out to sing.  That was great.  In fact, I have a Dolly Parton CD set on my Christmas list.  The rest of the show I saw (which admittedly wasn't much more) was too mellow for me. 

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #44 on: 18 Nov 2012, 05:46 pm »
No mention of Free Bird?

Mag

« Reply #45 on: 9 Jun 2018, 06:16 am »
Gotta admit back in the day I listened to radio there were songs I couldn't stand to hear again.

Since I've invested in home stereo I listen to many overplayed songs as I have a new appreciation for the songs the way they were suppose to sound. Examples: BTO, Alanis Morissette, Heart.

Overplayed for me Kraftwerk except for Autobaun, Blonde except for Juanita.

ctviggen

« Reply #46 on: 9 Jun 2018, 12:59 pm »
I saw a television show of one of her concerts.  By far the best part was when Dolly Parton came out to sing.  That was great.  In fact, I have a Dolly Parton CD set on my Christmas list.  The rest of the show I saw (which admittedly wasn't much more) was too mellow for me.

This is completely wrong.  You said "Diana Krall", and I meant Norah Jones.  Nonetheless, while I like both women, they can both be overplayed. 

I used to listen to a ton of heavy metal when I was growing up.  Now, if any metal comes on, I can't listen to it.

OzarkTom

« Reply #47 on: 9 Jun 2018, 03:10 pm »
Back in the 60's it was "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul. and Mary. I was a DJ at my high school radio station and everyone requested that song. I refused to play it, but no one else did. :evil:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #48 on: 10 Jun 2018, 12:10 am »
Having been to a bunch of audio shows, if I hear Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan I may just shoot myself in the head. 

MttBsh

« Reply #49 on: 10 Jun 2018, 12:27 am »
Having been to a bunch of audio shows, if I hear Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan I may just shoot myself in the head.

Say it ain't so! I love that song... let me rephrase that.... I love Stevie's playing on it. Very bluesy.

To me it's anything AC/DC.

There's only one real rock station left where I live and it seems every time I turn to it they're playing AC/DC. What is the appeal of that band? to me it's just noise in the same league as fingernails on a chalkboard.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #50 on: 10 Jun 2018, 12:48 am »
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Tell you what I want
Hotel California
Stairway to Heaven

Anything and everything by Micheal Jackson, Adele, Diana Krull, Norah Jones, The Village People, Fergie, Cheryl Crow

MttBsh

« Reply #51 on: 10 Jun 2018, 03:18 am »
I'd also like to mention a genre I unaffectionately refer to as "Kleenex Rock". We're talking about the cringeworthy, sappy ballads by bands like Chicago and Journey, bands that started out rocking and turned to whimpering, and in so doing won over legions of teeny boppers and lots of airplay. "Let me change my life for you baby". Worse yet may be the metal hair bands that get all sincere and precious when they sing ballads. WORSE than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #52 on: 10 Jun 2018, 02:08 pm »
As a kid I listened to CKLW located in Windsor, Ontario. Great Motown music, then for a time it seemed all they played was Light my fire  by the doors. It sucked then and still...
Great! Now that tune is stuck in my head again..... :duh:

rockadanny

« Reply #53 on: 11 Jun 2018, 12:08 pm »
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2018, 08:43 pm by rockadanny »