New Poseidons

A_shah

New Poseidons
« on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:10 am »
I seem to be finally satisfied with the placement of my New Poseidon, they are about 10 feet apart and 49" from the front wall , the left speaker is about 24 " from the side wall and the right speaker is 38 " from the side wall ,Cone to cone is about 9.1 " tried all kinds of positions from 36 " to 60 " from the front wall, the present positioning seems to be giving me the sweet spot I want . other ancillary equipment are the Don Sach's DS-2, Odyssey Kismet (pumping out  at least 200 watts @ 6 ohm plus high current 68-70 amp) Dueland IC 's Dueland Speaker wire and Bicon Silver IC , PS Audio Directstream DAC.
No toe in as these are wide dispersion speakers with off set tweeter , sound is beautiful very organic, the dual 8 " woofers are efficient without any muddiness more air and plenty of Bass and   provide the heft I need. I listen to all kinds of music , but love the violin , cello , and a lot of music with vocals , be it Latino, Indian  some High Rez
orchestral music playing string , woodwind brass and percussion.
These Poseidon at their present positions do "startle "me sometime with the realism they produces with vocals, voices , I can clearly hear the breathing of the artists and plucking of musical instrument strings and do fill the room up without any distortion
Very Happy with the choice I made

At Lou's Place

« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2018, 08:32 am by A_shah »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: New Poseidons
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2018, 03:34 pm »
Those are awesome speakers!  How do they sound with the SP14?  How do you like the SP14 overall?  I was thinking about getting one, but I need something uber quiet with my high sensitivity speakers. 

One suggestion (from an old audiophile) - the rack and TV are messing with your imaging, just from an acoustical standpoint.  Same with the left wall - if you can shift everything to the right a little bit, get a low rack that's half the height of your current one and mount your TV to the wall, and get an acoustic "Art Panel" from GIK acoustics to kill that first reflection on the left wall, you'll have a lot better sound for very little $$.

genjamon

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2018, 04:35 pm »
I have an DS-2 version of SP14 with my Daedalus DA-RMa V2's and love it.  I tried several pre's before settling on this one.  The Linear Tube Audio MZotl, a tweaked Mir by Kevin Carter, multiple high quality passives, and a standard SP14 from Tubes4Hifi.  The LTA was more clear/transparent, the Mir had a ton of mass/weight and dynamics, and while the SP14 didn't have the transparency of the LTA, or the meat of the Mir, it had a nice warm organic tone, sufficient clarity and detail, and a soul for lack of better word that the others lacked.  Something about the pace and flow of music, inner shading and nuance.  The DS-2 retains this soul, while also being more transparent than the original SP14.  I do believe this characteristic is additive - is not necessary a matter of a clearer window into the recording.  But it greatly enhances the believability of the reproduction, and my enjoyment of the reproduced event.   

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2018, 06:47 pm »
Those are awesome speakers!  How do they sound with the SP14?  How do you like the SP14 overall?  I was thinking about getting one, but I need something uber quiet with my high sensitivity speakers. 

One suggestion (from an old audiophile) - the rack and TV are messing with your imaging, just from an acoustical standpoint.  Same with the left wall - if you can shift everything to the right a little bit, get a low rack that's half the height of your current one and mount your TV to the wall, and get an acoustic "Art Panel" from GIK acoustics to kill that first reflection on the left wall, you'll have a lot better sound for very little $$.

Thank you,
I have a Don Sachs DS-2 with XLR & RCA plus latest Dueland wiring & caps , agree about the rack and TV , will probably do that in the future , intend to get a larger TV 75 " which will go on the wall( this one is 60 ") ( listening and watching position is about 14 feet )( although I will pull up a chair 8 feet our less for critical listening)   right now I just throw a blanket on it , I will be talking to GK to get an art panel, these speakers have the tweeter off set , still I have tried to place a sofa at the first point of 1st  reflection based on my listening position The DS-2 is  quite but I am not sure about my Odyssey Kismet , I do get some noise whenI put my ear close to the speakers ( very slight amount of hiss -does not bother me though) this could also be due to the unshielded Dueland IC & SC I have that create an antenna effect, I never had this slight hiss with the Magnepan 1.7i , will try my Groneberg shielded cables to see if goes away, except I just love the way duelands sound ! :thumb:

A_shah

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2018, 10:40 pm »
Seriously this may sound unbelievable, when I was sitting on my left sofa and admiring lou woodwork on my right speaker ! I seem to see a figure that looked like a "5  " or an " S " and my last name starts with an " S " so I guess these speaker were destined to be mine!
 These speakers  continue to delight  me  sonically , I wonder how many other Poseidon owners are there ?

:D

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2018, 11:47 pm »
Oh, I don’t know about that. It looks more like an R to me. Those might be my speakers you’ve mistakenly received.  :lol:

J/k. Enjoy!

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:26 am »
Oh, I don’t know about that. It looks more like an R to me. Those might be my speakers you’ve mistakenly received.  :lol:

J/k. Enjoy!

Michael
Who is " R "  ?  Well in that case " R" loss and " S " gain  :thumb: :)

MegaHz

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2018, 01:22 am »
What firmware are you running on the PS Audio Directstream DAC?  I am struck by what Redcloud opened up with my Daedalus Ulysses via XLR cables.  Startling is correct.

A_shah

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2018, 02:42 am »
What firmware are you running on the PS Audio Directstream DAC?  I am struck by what Redcloud opened up with my Daedalus Ulysses via XLR cables.  Startling is correct.
Red Cloud Since Day one !, yes at a certain volume it is startling , very realistic , open , sound stage is big even when I don't use my DS-2 pre-amp , just directly through the DAC , DSD sound very organic and clean