OPPO Service Report

Mikeinsacramento

OPPO Service Report
« on: 24 Nov 2016, 08:11 pm »
Hopefully a critique of a manufacturer suits this board.

My BDP-93 NuForce would not power up.  I paid $79 over the phone for out-of-warranty service.  And it cost me $27.58 to ship to Redwood City with $500 insurance with FedEx.

I shipped Monday of this week.  It was repaired and returned 48 hours later.  Repair amounted to a decoder board and power board replacement.  That kind of service for basically a hundred bucks is awesome.  Kudo's to FedEx as well.

SoCalWJS

Re: OPPO Service Report
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2016, 10:51 pm »
Hopefully a critique of a manufacturer suits this board.

My BDP-93 NuForce would not power up.  I paid $79 over the phone for out-of-warranty service.  And it cost me $27.58 to ship to Redwood City with $500 insurance with FedEx.

I shipped Monday of this week.  It was repaired and returned 48 hours later.  Repair amounted to a decoder board and power board replacement.  That kind of service for basically a hundred bucks is awesome.  Kudo's to FedEx as well.
+1

I've had occasion to use Oppo service twice through the years - once under warranty (my fault - put something in I shouldn't have - a CD with a "Disc Stabilizer"), and once on a unit where I purchased the "generic" service. Both times I had great communication, prompt return, and the issue resolved.

LOVE Oppo service.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2016, 12:12 am »
+100. My OPPO 95's digital board had failed...since I didn't need to ship the player, they sent me a brand new board -free  in 48 hrs.

Best,

Anand

Dawgneck

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2020, 07:49 pm »
I have two 205's, one 203 and two 105's in my household.

Not a single issue to date, but I appreciate hearing they'll likely have my back should something go awry, especially since they're officially not producing these lovely units.

Digi-G

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2020, 03:02 pm »
I'm getting ready to send my Oppo BDP-95 back for warranty repair today.  This will be the second time I've sent the unit back (Hey, I've used it nearly every day for almost 10 years!).  Previous issue was dirt/dust causing the disks to skip and wouldn't read blu-rays.  The unit now has no power - no lights, drawer won't open.  Nothing.  I'm guessing power supply.

But the warranty service is $119 which includes shipping (one way?, not sure).  And I sure can't replace this unit with anything nearly as nice for the same price.

The service I've had with them, previously and so far with this latest issue, has been outstanding.

Digi-G

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2020, 03:04 pm »
Deleted.

Digi-G

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2020, 03:06 pm »
Deleted.  (I tried modifying my original post, but it keeps quoting myself).

Freo-1

« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2020, 03:27 pm »
Actually,  you could replace the unit with a Sony UDP  X1100 ES.  That's what I did with my Oppo 95.  The Sony provides a lot more flexibility and options over the 95.

Mike B.

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2020, 03:45 pm »
My 203 had problems with movie discs and would freeze. I sent it in and they fixed it for free. It was out of warranty. They said dust on the tray and lense was the problem.