Crossover drawing check please

JCarney

Crossover drawing check please
« on: 13 Jun 2022, 05:55 pm »
I think I correctly mapped out the crossover for my Polk Sig15's so I can upgrade parts and mount to a new board. I really am unsure, so I would be ever so thankful if someone could tell me wether I mapped it out correctly or not.

Thanks,
JCarney

richidoo

Re: Crossover drawing check please
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2022, 07:15 pm »
Yes I think your drawing is correct, but a little confusing.  :P

Also this:

Be mindful of the polarity of the hookup wires at the driver terminals. They are not reversed coming out of the XO board, but one driver might have reversed polarity at the driver terminal, to improve time alignment. But it's probably not the case here. Just label the stock polarities at drivers to be safe.
Rich

JCarney

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2022, 07:35 pm »
Wow! Thank You richidoo, so kind to improve my drawing so it makes more sense. And woohoo, I finally got it right.  :lol:  I won't tell you how long it took or how many binned drawings, yikes.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2022, 10:42 pm »
Thanks again richidoo, I finished the Polk's today, and they are in the entertainment room playing a little music right now. They already sound better than the stock crossover did, and no break in of the new parts. Not surprising, the same thing happened with the KEF Q350's that had a very similar crossover with one of those pesky iron core inductors in there, yuk.

JCarney