My "CornScala" Project

TubesGlo

My "CornScala" Project
« on: 10 Feb 2022, 04:22 pm »
For almost 20 years I've owned a nice pair of custom built towers with Vifa soft dome tweets, 7" Seas mid drivers and 8" woofers. Nice detail and very refined sound but I wanted to try something different, very different and with tube amplification it was time to try horns. I couldn't spend 6k on Cornwalls so I thought it would be fun to build a pair of Crites Type B for 1/3 the cost. I'm enjoying every minute I spend in my listening room. I'm using Crite's stock crossover and I'm happy although other options may be out there I've yet to feel the need to change. In my 14x20 room I get plenty of well defined bass, no need for subs.

Samac

Re: My "CornScala" Project
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2022, 06:07 pm »
That looks fantastic, TubesGlo, enjoy. :thumb:

Cheers,

Scott

Tarheel

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2022, 06:42 pm »
Nice work!

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2022, 07:58 pm »
Can you post a link to the CornScala or Type B. I did not find either on the Crites website. Any info related to your speakers and internals would be appreciated. Thanks!

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs

TubesGlo

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2022, 09:12 pm »
https://critesspeakers.com/crites-speaker-style-b.html

Thanks for putting the link up. For my build I used all components provided by Crites in the Type B kit. I purchased high grade 3/4 Baltic Birch plywood locally. I know some like to mix and match components according to taste but I'm very happy with what Crites put together for this kit. I believe it will go toe to toe and hold its own with Cornwall's and in some aspects even outshine....for 1/3 the cost.