Daedalus BOW

Early B.

Re: Daedalus BOW
« Reply #40 on: 10 Dec 2020, 05:08 pm »
That's an extraordinary setup!! Those subs and speakers are gorgeous.

OK, so now I got more questions: 

-- what are the dimensions of your room?
-- what gear are you running? Are those tube monoblocks?

figcon

« Reply #41 on: 10 Dec 2020, 05:33 pm »
The room is 18' x 23' with the ceiling height at 9 ft. behind me and 8.5' in the front of the room. Sort of like they do in concert halls. I've minimized 90 angles, so not much in the way of bass problems in the room and the room is on a slab.

Right now, the set up I'm using is a T+A MP2500R, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Dynavector Karat DX and a Luxman AX 590 II. Phono amp is waiting for a T+A PA3100HV, which will arrive and take the place of the Luxman and will have a built in phono circuit for the Dynavector. Waiting in the wings are my tube favorites, a Rogue RP7 and Rogue Apollo Dark monoblocks.

Lou has been here and knows the room, although components, except for the Rogue stuff might have changed. 

By the way, I'm a very small, home based dealer for WTL, Dynavector Rogue, T+A and Luxman, but not trying to sell anything here, as obviously this is Lou's thread and he sells direct. Still, I like the speakers so much, nothing has replaced them and that's a pretty good compliment to pay him.

advanced101

« Reply #42 on: 10 Dec 2020, 05:38 pm »
Very nice. Dual driver subs are in the back of my mind  :icon_twisted:

rbbert

« Reply #43 on: 10 Dec 2020, 06:27 pm »
Very nice!

jriggy

« Reply #44 on: 11 Dec 2020, 02:29 pm »
The room is 18' x 23' with the ceiling height at 9 ft. behind me and 8.5' in the front of the room. Sort of like they do in concert halls. I've minimized 90 angles, so not much in the way of bass problems in the room and the room is on a slab.

Right now, the set up I'm using is a T+A MP2500R, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Dynavector Karat DX and a Luxman AX 590 II. Phono amp is waiting for a T+A PA3100HV, which will arrive and take the place of the Luxman and will have a built in phono circuit for the Dynavector. Waiting in the wings are my tube favorites, a Rogue RP7 and Rogue Apollo Dark monoblocks.

Lou has been here and knows the room, although components, except for the Rogue stuff might have changed. 

By the way, I'm a very small, home based dealer for WTL, Dynavector Rogue, T+A and Luxman, but not trying to sell anything here, as obviously this is Lou's thread and he sells direct. Still, I like the speakers so much, nothing has replaced them and that's a pretty good compliment to pay him.

Great to see Frank on here after all these years! I bought Frank’s first pair of Ulysses back in 2011, which lead me to later purchase a pair of Argos (for a better room fit) from Lou. I sold the Ulysses to audiotom, whom has gone on to purchase I think more than one other pair of Daedalus speakers from Lou. A testament to our interconnectedness and how the Daedalus family grows.

Jason

dodgealum

« Reply #45 on: 4 Feb 2021, 07:13 pm »
Hey folks--just circling back now that my system is set up in the new room (see pic!).

It was a revelation going from two similar medium/small room (13 X 17 X 8) to the new room (15 X 26 X 9 to 16) with the vaulted ceiling creating a much larger volume and the room length allowing for fuller, more integrated bass. Able to move the speakers out a bit further into the room (3 feet from rear baffle to the front wall) and with better (though not great) side clearance (2 feet) enlarged the soundstage considerably. Biggest change was in the bass where it got deeper, tighter, and more naturally integrated than in the other rooms. I'll be holding off on the subs for now given the performance I am getting. Lesson learned: There are no limits to the SQ available with Lou's designs. Adding better equipment in front of them or providing them a better room only adds to the Daedalus experience. I had great sound in modest rooms but things just got a lot more interesting!

A_shah

« Reply #46 on: 9 Feb 2021, 05:30 am »
I'm sure Lou has his reasons but I'm sorry he no longer offers the BOW with dedicated X-over and amp.  Leaving that up to user seems to somewhat defeat his purpose in offering the BOW; using something like one of the REL subs and their high-level input (no high pass filter for the main speakers) is likely to have a better result in many (most) cases.  JMO.

A pair of  REL S/812 with my quickSilver mono amps High level connection & Daedalus Speakers , has bought my listening levels to another Realm ! when I turn off the RELs I know I am missing something although I did not have the same experience with SVS or my HSU MK 15 11 which was really for my HT use but now rels serve both purposes . I was going to get the carbons but that would have been too much for my speakers S/812 & S/512 were suggested by REL.  :popcorn: