Middle T Speakers Power Amp?

yakbikeski

Middle T Speakers Power Amp?
« on: 16 Jul 2020, 05:44 pm »
Hi - I own a pair of Middle T's which I really like.  I previously owned the "Minis" and then moved up to the Middle T.

I have a question about amps for these speakers.  I have been using a Cronus Magnum II (100 watts/channel) but thinking of getting either a 3B or 4B amp.  Would purchased the cubed series.  I also own a B100 SST in another system.

My question is whether the 3B amp will be enough for this speaker?  I never go much beyond 11 o'oclock on the dial with the Cronus, but feel that these speakers would sing even more with more juice.

Curious to know what size amp others are using for Middle-Ts?

thanks

Don

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Middle T Speakers Power Amp?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2020, 06:04 pm »
Hi - I own a pair of Middle T's which I really like.  I previously owned the "Minis" and then moved up to the Middle T.

I have a question about amps for these speakers.  I have been using a Cronus Magnum II (100 watts/channel) but thinking of getting either a 3B or 4B amp.  Would purchased the cubed series.  I also own a B100 SST in another system.

My question is whether the 3B amp will be enough for this speaker?  I never go much beyond 11 o'oclock on the dial with the Cronus, but feel that these speakers would sing even more with more juice.

Curious to know what size amp others are using for Middle-Ts?

thanks

Don

Hi Don

How large is your listening room?

james

yakbikeski

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2020, 07:12 pm »
James - the room is about 15' x 30'

thanks

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2020, 09:10 pm »
Hi Don,

Ok that'a a nice size so I would say go with the 4B.

It gives you all the power you need and allows for changes in the future.

Also the price difference between the 3B and the 4B is not that great.

james

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2020, 09:15 pm »
I use a 3B SST/2 for my Model T's. It is enough power in my 11'x 25' x 8' room and I play it loud 95+ decibel range.

Yeah the the 4B would have better resale value.

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2020, 12:44 am »
 I have a  4B ST . It does a stellar job with little of no effort driving my JBL Ti 120s.  After 20 years this amp is still amazing me with it's power and detail... Recently I purchased a BCD3 and  things are even more resolute . If I change amps it would be the new 4B for sure... :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2020, 03:48 am by redbook »

servingko

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2020, 04:27 pm »
I am running a pair of Middle T’s with a single 3B2 in a room 16’ x 23’ x 9” with no issues but I already had a pair of 3B2’s. If purchasing new I would get the 4B2 or 4B3 and Be done with it.  If purchasing used, a super deal on a 3B would be more compelling than a ok deal on a 4B to me but as always, YMMV.

vonnie123

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2024, 04:51 pm »
Bi-amped with Wyred4Sound SX-1000R monos.