Cherry 2641 Pics

Brian Bunge

Cherry 2641 Pics
« on: 26 Nov 2005, 12:03 am »
I thought I'd share some pics of some Cherry 2641 cabinets I built for a customer.

Voodoo Rufus

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2005, 02:28 am »
Those are looking real good, especially with those nice rounded corners.  :P

*saves pictures in the speaker collection folder*

MaxCast

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2005, 01:26 pm »
Yep, gotta love rounded corners.  Magnetic grills too?  :thumb:

Brian Bunge

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2005, 02:50 pm »
Max,

Yep, magnetic grills too!  I had to make the cabinets 1" wider to incorporate the grills.  They are just too narrow to do rounded corners and grills at the stock width.

Hardman

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2005, 04:25 pm »
Brian,

I will be building a pair of these soon too for a friend (hopefully will be able to cut them out today).  I also want to increase the baffle width to enable a ¾” round over (if I am careful I should be able to wrap both speakers with one 4’ X 8’ sheet of veneer).  I had though about increasing the baffle to 9½” and leaving the depth the same (Saw in another post where someone increased the baffle and decreased the depth to compensate for the additional volume, but this caused a problem with the port not fitting.).

So what was your final baffle width?  How did you compensate for the increased volume?  To compensate for the additional volume I was thinking about modifying brace “B” by eliminating the holes, thus removing the space behind the tweeter/mid.  This modification should bring the wider baffle cabinet’s volume closer to the original value.  Does anyone see any issues with modification?

Thanks!

Brian Bunge

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2005, 04:36 pm »
I didn't worry about the added volume of the cabinets.  The overall change in volume is only about 1/4 of a cubic foot, and that's on the overall volume, not taking into account the fact that some of that is the sealed enclosure.  Tuning frequency changes would be miniscule; like less than 1Hz difference.

Final cabinet width was 9".  You can wrap both cabinets with a single sheet of veneer, but you won't have enough veneer for the tops.

Kevin Haskins

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2005, 05:07 pm »
Quote from: Brian Bunge
I didn't worry about the added volume of the cabinets.  The overall change in volume is only about 1/4 of a cubic foot, and that's on the overall volume, not taking into account the fact that some of that is the sealed enclosure.  Tuning frequency changes would be miniscule; like less than 1Hz difference.

Final cabinet width was 9".  You can wrap both cabinets with a single sheet of veneer, but you won't have enough veneer for the tops.

Brian is correct.   The going to 9" isn't a problem.   Leave all the other dimensions the same.

Kevin Haskins

Re: Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2005, 05:11 pm »
Quote from: Brian Bunge
I thought I'd share some pics of some Cherry 2641 cabinets I built for a customer.

Those look nice Brian.   I like the large roundover.  Do you have any pictures with the grill in place?

Brian Bunge

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2005, 05:14 pm »
Kevin,

Nope, no pics with the grill in place.  I'll see if the owner can send me some pics when he finishes assembling the speakers.

JoshK

Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2005, 05:55 pm »
I like that you hid the grill magnets behind the veneer.  :thumb:  They look quite sharp.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Cherry 2641 Pics
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2005, 08:34 pm »
Love the figuring in that Cherryveneer. Nice Job!!