Manic Moose status of replacement and question.

gbaby

Re: Manic Moose status of replacement and question.
« Reply #60 on: 4 Dec 2022, 06:20 pm »
No insult intended. I was just pointing out that the comparisons and pricing extrapolations were not based in fact. 

Cheers,
Geary

You were correct in pointing out the comparisons were not based on fact as I made a mistake that could have been pointed out without the "fanboy" insult. I've never called a member a name while trying to make a point. In fact, my only point if reasonableness.

gbaby

« Reply #61 on: 4 Dec 2022, 06:26 pm »
Spoiler alert!!…Bryston IS discarding Manic Moose, for OS3.
Also…Don’t you think it’s a little negative, and presumptuously so, that the new OS will have a “different set of problems “. I’m pretty sure Chris and Mike and Team have learned plenty since MM’s inception. I have faith in a triumphant OS3.

I beg to differ somewhat, on your last statement too.
Once the music starts, the interface must be on hand,  to tweak the listener experience, by adding, sorting and deleting selections, as well as browsing for subsequent songs, albums or sources.

Nice to hear from James again, too! Thanks JT.

My comments to me are not negative or presumptuous, but rather, based upon the realities of life. I have never known any software upgrade to be perfect and neither will OS3. However, I hope I am wrong for your sake. For me, I can live with MM as is. It works for me. I have so much music that I don't pay too much attention to the interface or small glitches. I just care about the sound quality and the convenience of accessing music.

Jozsef

« Reply #62 on: 4 Dec 2022, 10:59 pm »
My old friend who does programming at the highest levels of national governments and classified military applications told me years ago that there is a mathematical proof that software can never be entirely free of bugs. While I don't in any way understand how this calculation might be accomplished, I can certainly accept it on the basis of what I do know and have witnessed. My point is that we can expect software to work very well and to have flaws patched when they're discovered. Assuming carelessness or incompetence in the event of bugs or regressions and being contemptuous when discussing them just shows at best, a lack of technical understanding. OS3 will not likely be perfect but it will be very good and then get even better. We know that because we know Chris.

While I'm quite satisfied with MM, imperfect though it certainly is, I don't think a debate about it is terribly useful since people do have differing opinions and as has been established, it will be replaced. If anyone really wants to persuade me or anyone else to hate MM, have at it but I don't see the point. There are different tastes and different priorities.

gbaby

« Reply #63 on: 4 Dec 2022, 11:10 pm »

The fanboy behavior is getting pretty farcical.  (Again, no insult intended. Just stating how the posts come across to me.)

Cheers,
Geary

I won't tolerate you calling me names because I am emphatic about my opinion. How would you like for me to call you a Nazi or Fascist for your mean spirited comments. I never insulted you and I will not tolerate you insulting me. Sorry, but you a dealing with a MAN.

galyons

« Reply #64 on: 5 Dec 2022, 12:17 am »
I won't tolerate you calling me names because I am emphatic about my opinion. How would you like for me to call you a Nazi or Fascist for your mean spirited comments. I never insulted you and I will not tolerate you insulting me. Sorry, but you a dealing with a MAN.
Sorry, but I did not call you a "name". I did not refer to you at all. I was addressing behavior exhibited in posts.  Nothing more. Definitely nothing was intended to be insulting or "mean spirited" toward you personally.  I am sorry that you read such into the comments.  We are discussing an audio streaming user interface. An interface that the manufacturer has indicated they are developing an updated replacement. Everyone should be entitled to state their opinion, or needs, on the subject without consistent dismissal.

Cheers,
Geary

vonnie123

« Reply #65 on: 5 Dec 2022, 03:07 am »

You lost the argument as soon as you invoked Godwin’s law.  😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

gbaby

« Reply #66 on: 5 Dec 2022, 03:13 pm »
My old friend who does programming at the highest levels of national governments and classified military applications told me years ago that there is a mathematical proof that software can never be entirely free of bugs. While I don't in any way understand how this calculation might be accomplished, I can certainly accept it on the basis of what I do know and have witnessed. My point is that we can expect software to work very well and to have flaws patched when they're discovered. Assuming carelessness or incompetence in the event of bugs or regressions and being contemptuous when discussing them just shows at best, a lack of technical understanding. OS3 will not likely be perfect but it will be very good and then get even better. We know that because we know Chris.

While I'm quite satisfied with MM, imperfect though it certainly is, I don't think a debate about it is terribly useful since people do have differing opinions and as has been established, it will be replaced. If anyone really wants to persuade me or anyone else to hate MM, have at it but I don't see the point. There are different tastes and different priorities.

Nice post.  8)

Twiga

« Reply #67 on: 5 Dec 2022, 05:48 pm »
Could you two please drop your sideline discussion and let this thread return to its original focus.

Thank you

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #68 on: 6 Dec 2022, 02:36 am »
You lost the argument as soon as you invoked Godwin’s law.  😉

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I learned something new today, thank you. Interesting read! 👍

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #69 on: 6 Dec 2022, 02:40 am »
Could you two please drop your sideline discussion and let this thread return to its original focus.

Thank you

And thank YOU! Apparently the OP wasn’t read as intended!
Oh well, had some interesting interactions anyway!

Hope all are well going into this next holiday season. Best wishes from the Great White North (Kapuskasing, ON)

✌🏻🇨🇦🎼🎵🎶

gbaby

« Reply #70 on: 6 Dec 2022, 04:58 pm »

Hope all are well going into this next holiday season. Best wishes from the Great White North (Kapuskasing, ON)

✌🏻🇨🇦🎼🎵🎶

Same to you and all on this thread.  8)