New crossover assembly service available.

kyrio_s

Re: New crossover assembly service available.
« Reply #40 on: 6 Oct 2021, 05:15 pm »
One more of Elon's satisfied customers.  He did a wonderful job assembling upgraded RP-6000F crossovers for me and communicating along the way!

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #41 on: 6 Oct 2021, 05:17 pm »
Elon,

I just texted you for pricing on assembling two 4 foot 24 strand cables with tube connectors on all ends. ;)

Robert

Ccook1065

« Reply #42 on: 12 Oct 2021, 07:21 pm »
I was excited when it came to the idea of a DIY speaker but ran into some trouble trying to figure out the best way to layout the crossover. Frankly, I was intimidated and didn't want to mess up the speakers because of something silly. Elon reached out to me after I posted a question on another build board and offered his service. It was very much welcomed and gave me the confidence to assemble and wire up the crossover myself. He is super friendly and prompt to reply. Don't hesitate in reaching out to him. 

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
« Reply #43 on: 9 Nov 2021, 06:43 pm »

I keep forgetting to take pictures before I ship things out but here's a few recent assembly projects.
Quite a few people have been sending cables for termination (rca, speaker, power).  Please reach out by email if there is something you are seeking assistance with.

Elon

Elon@ezeescrossovers.com
ezeescrossovers.com

Danny Richie

« Reply #44 on: 12 Nov 2021, 01:49 pm »
Man, that is some nice work.

nrenter

« Reply #45 on: 12 Nov 2021, 02:26 pm »
Personally, and particularly with the parts Danny recommends, I think crossovers are too sexy to be shoved inside a box (and should be mounted externally). Place the parts on a finished board with both electrical and aesthetic considerations, run the connections underneath the board, and mount the board on risers (most likely, on the back of the box. If using tube connectors, they could be mounted downward-facing to the under side of the board (reducing strain cause by horizontal mounting).

hawkeyejw

« Reply #46 on: 12 Nov 2021, 02:43 pm »
Beautiful work Elon! I believe that last crossover is the NX-Studios? I’m going to steal that layout when I assemble mine, it’s so nice and clean.

Danny Richie

« Reply #47 on: 4 Apr 2022, 11:08 pm »
Elon, I decided to make this topic a sticky. I am tired of looking for it to send people to you. And you are proving a great service to our customers.  :thumb:

mg8

• Roll Away the Dew
« Reply #48 on: 10 Jun 2022, 09:32 pm »
I got two bounces from attempts to email contact Elon@ezeescrossovers.com.

jpm

« Reply #49 on: 11 Jun 2022, 04:36 pm »
I got two bounces from attempts to email contact Elon@ezeescrossovers.com.

Same here.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
« Reply #50 on: 11 Jun 2022, 11:47 pm »
I'm not sure what's going on with emails.  My email provider seems to have failed completely.  It's been several days. I was trusting the provider to resolve it on their own. I'll reach out and try to get it resolved.  I'll edit this post when it's resolved. 

Edit:  Everything seems to now be working correctly.  I'm sorry to those who had a difficulty or couldn't get an email through.   Please try again.

Elon

Elon@ezeescrossovers.com

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
« Reply #51 on: 26 Aug 2022, 12:41 am »
It's been a while since I've posted anything. Life has been keeping me busy in general, plus I've been juggling a steady stream of crossover assembly projects rotating through on a pretty constant basis.

Elac Debut B6.2

Golden Ear BRX

I can't remember what this one was.

Plenty of people have been shipping cables for termination.

LGK 2.0

oskar

« Reply #52 on: 26 Aug 2022, 02:55 pm »
Yes you have been busy. Your work looks great.

Danny Richie

« Reply #53 on: 29 Aug 2022, 03:40 pm »
Nice work!

t-bird

« Reply #54 on: 11 Sep 2022, 06:34 pm »
Hi Elon,

I have a crossover project that I was hoping to discuss with you.  I tried your email but received a mailbox full response.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 11 Sep 2022, 10:52 pm »
Sorry about that.  I thought I had the email failure resolved.  I'm clearing a bunch out.  Please try again.

Problem is not that I get so many emails it should max out the server, but I do think that so many of the emails have multiple photos attached, that the cumulative file size of all the photos eventually creates a problem.  I'll do a better job of deleting specifically those emails with photos

slefley

« Reply #56 on: 12 Sep 2022, 04:23 pm »
Elon did a outstanding job building the new crossovers for my Dynaudio Special 40’s. Recommended without reservation.

morganc

« Reply #57 on: 13 Sep 2022, 06:00 am »
Is there or have you made an upgraded X Over for the x-voce? 

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
« Reply #58 on: 15 Sep 2022, 04:45 am »
morganc

I have built X-Voce with and without upgrades. It's a great speaker, one of my favorites. I think it should be exponentially more popular than it is, but most people don't have the layout to accommodate 4x 6.5" woofers in center channel.

I'm not sure your budget, but this can be an expensive one to upgrade if you are upgrading inductors and replacing capacitors.

On a budget: 
Mills resistors- 1 each on tweeter and mid circuits. Higher up the cost ladder would be Path Audio or maybe Deuland cast. Mundorf also has a new premium resistor.
Premium bypass caps- 2 on tweeter, 1 on the inline cap for mid circuit.  Myflex copper is a great choice under $25. Higher cost would be Deuland bypass or ODAM.
Done.

Of course sky is the limit for upgrades, if you really want to throw money at it. This one can get expensive if you are replacing caps and inductors. The 2 caps on tweeter and 1 inline on mid circuit are medium to large values and can get very expensive if swapping to exotic caps. For that reason, settling for bypass caps only is a very reasonable choice for this design.  Similarly, there are 2 inline inductors in the mid circuit. Replacing both with premium foils can add significant cost.  Upgrading to a 14 gauge air core instead of foils can often be cheaper than foils of same 16ga. Actually the baseline 16ga air core is a great starting point and should not be considered inferior in any way. Even if upgrading inductors, I'd still leave the tweeter inductor as original. 16ga is more than adequate for the tweeter, and any gains to be had from inductors would be limited to the mid circuit only.

Good luck and enjoy your project.

Feel free to email me directly. I'm willing to give some time in discussion if you want to discuss any specific upgrade strategies. Leave me a phone number and we can even discuss by phone if you prefer.

Elon
elon@ezeescrossovers.com

350Industrial

« Reply #59 on: 4 Nov 2022, 04:06 pm »
Hello- I just shot you an email about an NX Otica build I'm beginning.... thanks!  Want to make sure emails are working now for you.