X-static kit question

Captainhemo

Re: X-static kit question
« Reply #20 on: 1 May 2020, 04:52 pm »
 Here's a  thrad I did years ago,  see post  #19 for  upper   driver  wiring / routing.  Think I first  saw this   in a build thread from Neil T
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=114219.0

Wish I'd also cut a  slot around the  inner  tweeter cutout, not sure   wtf I was thinking  LOL
jay

hawkeyejw

« Reply #21 on: 1 May 2020, 05:15 pm »
Jay, how did you drill the holes inside the driver cutouts? I'm trying to figure out how to get a drill bit in there straight...

Captainhemo

« Reply #22 on: 1 May 2020, 05:44 pm »
For that project, I used a really long  3/16 bit on a slight angle,  baffle was 1.5"  so had lots of room.   If you  found the right combo of bit/ right angle drill,  you  could do it that way as well which  would  keep the holes   straighter.  That being said,  the angled holes weren't noticable   when it was all done.

Keep in mind,   when you  go from inside the  cabinet (basically  upper  sealed woofer,  you don't have to  from inside  that  woffer cutout... you   can  go  anywhere near the top of the baffle inside the cabinet up to the  lower MTM woofer cutout.

Then just  cut  small slot arouind the  inside  of the lower MTM woofer and the tweeter to get the wires  up to the   tweeter  and top woofer

jay

hawkeyejw

« Reply #23 on: 1 May 2020, 05:54 pm »
Thanks Jay. I'm planning to use a 1.5" baffle as well so hopefully I can make a normal drill work.

sonofholhorse

« Reply #24 on: 1 May 2020, 08:39 pm »
Thanks for linking to your build thread Captainhemo, some really invaluable info here!

ScottyM173

« Reply #25 on: 28 Oct 2020, 06:39 am »
Out of curiosity, why don't the X-Static have inner side wings like those in the NX line? Would there be any benefit to adding one?
I’m also curious about this as the wings would be similar from the nx-otica I’d imagine.
Does it have to do with the tweeter being a soft dome as to planter? The mids are the same aren’t they?
I also have a curiousity to use that n3 tweeter instead of the standard tweeter but I’m sure the crossover would have be changed? By how much I wouldn’t know. I think the tweeters are crossed similar in both designs.
Anybody know or have tried the wings and or different tweeter on the statics?
Scott