Desertrider's Song3/Songcenter RT delivery anticipation thread

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Desertrider's Song3/Songcenter RT delivery anticipation thread
« Reply #20 on: 21 Aug 2016, 09:14 pm »
No sense in gnashing your teeth over FedEx.  Watch this, and be glad you aren't buying Dominator DMX10s.

https://youtu.be/mNzr6lfiHJE

What?!? A salesman with a conscience? I don't want that. I want a pair of Exotica DMX10s! Don't tell my wife about the financing, okay?

brubacca

« Reply #21 on: 23 Aug 2016, 02:16 pm »
So did you come down with the delivery flu?

Are gou currently tracking every 10 minutes to make sure they weren't delivered to the wrong address?

desertrider

« Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2016, 03:41 pm »
So did you come down with the delivery flu?

Are gou currently tracking every 10 minutes to make sure they weren't delivered to the wrong address?

Um YES! I told my lead last night when I got off I would be taking a sick day today. I mean, priorities, right?

8/23/16   3:59 AM   PHOENIX, AZ 85027, US   On FedEx vehicle for delivery

I woke up early this morning and couldnt get back to sleep so now Im refreshing the delivery page. I really wish my FedEx guy had a normal time for delivery but he doesnt for my apartments. Could be in 10 minutes could be in 8 hours uuugghhh. They really need to put GPS on these guys so we know where they are! haha Gotta be ready though so I can get the required pic of the truck ;)

Im hoping I can show some self control today so I dont get kicked out  :oops: 60 more days until my house is done and give these things an honest workout!

desertrider

« Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2016, 05:15 pm »
Gosh...this is painful. Sitting here my PC trying to pass the time waiting. Every time I hear a truck and dont hear a knock on the door is killing me. I might need a Xanax LOL

(This is my attempt to get you guys as anxious as I am hahaha)

desertrider

« Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2016, 07:16 pm »
Cruel. Just cruel.

I take my dog out to do her business, staying within seeing distance of my building. Just standing there waiting for her. All of a sudden my eyes light up...blood pressure rises...heartrate increases...I see a man in purple walking away from the front of my building.

"FedEx guy!" I yell.

He stops, acknowledges me, and waits as I walk/run towards him.

"You have my 210 pound delivery I take it?"

He laughs and says, "No, Im Express. You must be waiting for ground."

He turns and walks away while I stand there in the middle of the parking lot probably looking dazed.

Cruel, FedEx, just cruel.

brubacca

« Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2016, 07:53 pm »
I am almost as excited as you are.

After you get your delivery I'll tell you my story when I had speakers delivered (Soliloquy 5.0)

desertrider

« Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2016, 08:40 pm »
WOOHOOO! Ill let the pics speak for themselves. After I get them unpacked, put together, and in place Ill do a quick listening review based on my previous playlist-

R Swerdlow

« Reply #27 on: 23 Aug 2016, 08:48 pm »
Well all right! :thumb: :green: :banana piano:

Your neck was probably getting stiff after all that looking & waiting.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: 23 Aug 2016, 09:51 pm »
WOOHOOO! Ill let the pics speak for themselves. After I get them unpacked, put together, and in place Ill do a quick listening review based on my previous playlist-

Congrats  :thumb: Now the fun really begins, a whole 'new' library of music to listen too.  8)

desertrider

« Reply #29 on: 23 Aug 2016, 11:30 pm »
Well...damn. How can I possibly think of something that hasnt already been said about Salk speakers already? So many adjectives.

First, build quality. I mean, perfect. Every seam, every joint, is perfect. One little thing...Im a bare wire kinda guy. I dont do banana clips. The posts that Jim puts on these speakers are excellent. They screw out to reveal a hole to put the speaker wire through and screw down. Not some cheap aluminum crap, but nice. Well built, smooth threading.

Damn these things are heavy lol.

On my listening test I was blown away. I dont know what to say. The highs are incredibly crisp, the mids are clear, the bass is tight and clear. Damn.

Honestly, Im not into the whole "chocolatey bass" and "dreamy airy highs" crap, but what came to mind as I was going through my playlist was when a buddy of mine rented a Cadillac CTS and let me drive it. I normally drive a Honda Civic, which is a nice car. But the Caddy? Smooth...refined...perfectly constructed...and tight. Thats how these Song3's are. Simply effortless in their delivery.

Jim, your accolades dont even come close to the joy listening to your speakers bring. These are truly a work of musical art. Thank you. These will bring me pleasure for years to come.

I will do an extensive music and movie test in a couple of months when I get into my house and report back. But for now, this 3.0 Salk system I have is truly the best Ive ever heard.

R Swerdlow

« Reply #30 on: 23 Aug 2016, 11:43 pm »
Well...damn. How can I possibly think of something that hasnt already been said about Salk speakers already? So many adjectives.
Give it some time.  As you listen to more and more of your music, you'll find some real surprises.  Enjoy the whole process as your ears & brain adjust to the new sounds :green:.

After a few weeks, or whenever you have the time, play your old Polk speakers.  Then you'll be amazed at just how good the new Salks are, all over again.

Folsom

« Reply #31 on: 23 Aug 2016, 11:52 pm »
Those tweeters seem toward the airy side, a little soft and easy. Though Jim's integration didn't make them stand out for that quality, so I have no complaints as it has a great easy-to-read-through character. The Song3 is easy going, feels like it's easily expressing itself; and wont punish you so bad for using equipment that isn't as good as they are. That required taming the mid driver which Jim did well. Again though, I'd love to hear them in a more optimal room because imaging was off when I got a listen. It seemed space dependent though, as I've heard the same issues be corrected easily by moving speakers.

Grbluen

« Reply #32 on: 24 Aug 2016, 12:36 am »
Jealous.

desertrider

« Reply #33 on: 24 Aug 2016, 03:15 am »
OK a little more listening, as well as catching up on our favorite TV shows. First though, I forgot to mention the satin black finish. Its really nice. Its in between piano gloss and flat. Really classy, and wifey loves it.

Ive never been one who has believed when Ive read this, but Ive never had a speaker this accurate before. But...there is a noticeable difference with the grills off. It really makes the ribbons shine. And sparkle. And do the things they do. Midrange and bass are the same to my ears.

Another analogy...compared to my previous Polks and now the Salks, its like Ive been looking through a dirty window that has finally been cleaned. Everything is simply cleaner.

Folsom

« Reply #34 on: 24 Aug 2016, 03:34 am »
Compared to Polks you just changed paradigms!

desertrider

« Reply #35 on: 24 Aug 2016, 04:01 am »
One more thing I forgot to mention. The crossovers. My God. Dennis and Jim have created magic. I listen to a large variety of music, and some of the electronic music I listen to can sweep the spectrum from top to bottom in a single song, and these Song3's dont even breathe hard. Its really incredible. Silky smooth transitions.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #36 on: 24 Aug 2016, 08:44 am »
 :o  :o  :o  :o
I can't believe you're still posting... If I were you I'd lock myself up and not come out until I played every cd I own (which is about 2000)...
 8)  :green:  8)  :green:

charmerci

« Reply #37 on: 24 Aug 2016, 04:15 pm »
Compared to Polks you just changed paradigms!

They're Salks not Paradigms!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!  :roll:  )

desertrider

« Reply #38 on: 24 Aug 2016, 04:50 pm »
:o  :o  :o  :o
I can't believe you're still posting... If I were you I'd lock myself up and not come out until I played every cd I own (which is about 2000)...
 8)  :green:  8)  :green:

I know right lol

Well since there arent many S3's in the wild I wanted to share everything that came to mind even if seemingly insignificant.

Grbluen

« Reply #39 on: 24 Aug 2016, 10:02 pm »
I know right lol

Well since there arent many S3's in the wild I wanted to share everything that came to mind even if seemingly insignificant.

What serial numbers do you have?