after careless

gagamut

after careless
« on: 3 Feb 2015, 03:02 am »
mine is use WT AMADEUS,recently when i take out the adapter,i'm careless broken the tonearm wire,so need to reconnect,and i ask my friend any suggest,he suggest bought two RCA and direct connect ,so i bought a aluminum box and RCA output and connect.after connect and listening a few day,i find tonearm wire direct connect to the RCA output it's better than use adapter(it is all about loss signal),the image is more clear.....................,i think you will get 10 to 20% better(i use CARDAS output and CARDAS solder) :D

threadkiller

Re: after careless
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2015, 03:13 am »
Gagamut, I'd call that a lucky save!
Good for you...
Now just don't trash your cantilever... that you can't fix so easy..

/mp

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2015, 08:09 pm »
i find tonearm wire direct connect to the RCA output it's better than use adapter(it is all about loss signal)
Rule of thumb I used building & operating facilities is every connection degrades S/N 3 db.

[Edited for grammar.]
« Last Edit: 4 Feb 2015, 02:33 pm by /mp »

Shakeydeal

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm »
mine is use WT AMADEUS,recently when i take out the adapter,i'm careless broken the tonearm wire,so need to reconnect,and i ask my friend any suggest,he suggest bought two RCA and direct connect ,so i bought a aluminum box and RCA output and connect.after connect and listening a few day,i find tonearm wire direct connect to the RCA output it's better than use adapter(it is all about loss signal),the image is more clear.....................,i think you will get 10 to 20% better(i use CARDAS output and CARDAS solder) :D

Just curious.

Was alcohol involved when you constructed that post?

Shakey

threadkiller

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2015, 11:46 pm »
English is his second language, Shakey.

There are people on here from all over - Italy, Greece, etc.

Now if you were asking was alcohol involved when he trashed the cable then that's for him to divulge...:)

gagamut

« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2015, 01:28 am »
alcohol..... :D