BDP-1 or BDA-1? The weakest link?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
Re: BDP-1 or BDA-1? The weakest link?
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2020, 10:32 pm »
If you can swing a BDA-2, id get one of those and connect it to the BDP-1 via USB and bypass the BDP-1's spdif all together.  Just my 2 cents.  I just realised I already commented on this, sorry I didn't mean to push.

Chris

hawkeye99

« Reply #21 on: 17 Jan 2020, 11:14 am »
If you can swing a BDA-2, id get one of those and connect it to the BDP-1 via USB and bypass the BDP-1's spdif all together.  Just my 2 cents.  I just realised I already commented on this, sorry I didn't mean to push.

Chris

When I tried the usb out on the BDP-1, I liked the sq but I had interference when transferring files that were on the external hard drive. Have you ever heard of that before? It was a kind of static electricity noise.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 17 Jan 2020, 04:27 pm »
I can't say i have ever experienced that, but i primarily use a network source for my music.  It could have simply been the drive you where using that was causing the problem.  Not every drive uses the same usb to sata bridge board so its not entirely out of the question that your drive was causing interference some how.  DAC's are the same and in some cases even worse as there are multiple methods used to transfer data adding a software aspect as well.  For example the Ayres DAC seem to use a method that can very easily be influenced negatively by other devices using the same USB bus, a BDA-2 doesn't have this issue.

Chris