9V2 SE and P9 observations

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
9V2 SE and P9 observations
« on: 1 May 2009, 02:50 pm »
My new amps 9V2 SEs and P9 pre amp arrived over a week ago and I am surprised at what a treat they are. I have read the reviews of this gear and bought them without hearing them and it has been a great purchase. First of all my setup is a Slimdevice Transporter (flac files), the Nu force gear with B&W C9 speakers. My previous amps were Arcam A90 and P90 running bi-amped to the B&W's. I have read the reviews with eloquent descriptions of sound so I will fall short I am afraid in the , as with wine hint of tobacco and a fruity aftertaste but the Nu force gear lifted the sound of my system ten fold. Highs are crystal clear and sharp with no edge to them. Sound and clear mids and the bass , even with my speakers, head and heels over the Arcams. The sound stage brings out details I have never heard in familiar tracks. The largest improvement is the quickness and dynamic range. It is the best I have heard. I live in the UK and had a few power issues (the P9 voltage switch from their new supplier is not marked and to set in the 230v setting you move the slider to the 115v position) but Casey at Nu force was excellent , sending photos etc.

they do need to have some burning time and I thought they sounded "glassy" at about the 80-90 hr mark but have settled in fine.

I would like to see a better visual display on the pre amp as the current one is not very bright and is hard to see unless in low light.

I have owned PS audio, GAS Ampliza and Mac amps in the past and Nu Force beats them hands down. I would recommend them whole heartily. Now back to the music

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: 9V2 SE and P9 observations
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2009, 11:01 pm »
Welcome to the party :).  Just wait till you hear the new Nuforce Focused Field cable will do to your system.