Limited availability, Titan "Kits"

Mike Dzurko

Limited availability, Titan "Kits"
« on: 18 Feb 2009, 06:53 pm »
Titan “Kits”

Digging through the warehouse, we found a box of the older style Titan amps. We’re not going to be using these in our current cabinets as that would be confusing to buyers. So, for some of you DIY folks out there, here’s a great opportunity.  You’ll receive the amp, the internal damping, and the woofer. You’ll need to build the cabinets, install the damping, woofer, and the amp. No instructions will be offered, this is a true DIY opportunity.

These U.S. built, full class AB amps are in like new condition.  They are similar in performance to the current amps. They have the same proprietary circuitry which provides a -3db point of 20Hz in a two cubic foot cabinet. These amps have only one frequency control (instead of the current two).  These amps will all be thoroughly tested before shipping. Warranty on these kits is limited to 30 days. These sales are final, there is no money-back guarantee.   

For pricing or questions, PM me or email sales.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Limited availability, Titan "Kits"
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2009, 08:40 pm »
To answer a frequent question, yes, these could be built down, OR front firing.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:10 pm »
Another frequent line of questions:

-The enclosure needs to be 2 cu.ft. internal.
-Shape is up to you
-No drawings are available
-I'd recommend a min. of 3/4" MDF with bracing
-If downfiring you need approx. 2" from the woofer to the floor
-The amp has continuously variable phase 

Capt. Z

« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:23 pm »
I believe I still have a Sub one Manual that includes a drwaing of the sub enclosure.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2009, 04:22 pm »
I believe I still have a Sub one Manual that includes a drwaing of the sub enclosure.

Thanks Dieter! I wouldn't doubt if a few folks might contact you.

ganesha

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2009, 07:09 pm »
Here's an old link with cabinet plans for the kit...

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_5_2/diy8titansubwooferjune98.html

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2009, 01:27 am »
Thank you for posting the link, that should be helpful to people contemplating this project. 

An important note:

The current driver is cast-frame, and among other attributes has nearly twice the linear excursion of the driver supplied 11 years ago. It has far less distortion and considerably higher output. It also isn't the same hole size, so don't start cutting the woofer hole until you have the driver in hand.

griller

« Reply #7 on: 2 Apr 2009, 11:52 am »
Any of these left? I have a buddy with a table saw who is interested.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2009, 04:26 pm »
Griller:

After a flurry of initial sales, we still have a handful left. I'd like to be done with this ASAP. So anyone reading this:

$75 off for a single, $150 off for a pair . . .  Coupon Code MD4309     Copy and paste this in the shopping cart comments section :)

griller

« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2009, 11:45 pm »
Griller:

After a flurry of initial sales, we still have a handful left. I'd like to be done with this ASAP. So anyone reading this:

$75 off for a single, $150 off for a pair . . .  Coupon Code MD4309     Copy and paste this in the shopping cart comments section :)

Thanks Mike, and thanks for the additional discount! Just became a no-brainer.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 4 Apr 2009, 11:31 am »
Go to the top of this page to order, and be sure to use the coupon for $$$ off :)

http://www.audioc.com/specials1/b3.htm

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #11 on: 4 Apr 2009, 02:19 pm »
I've gotten several emails from people who tried to order and recieved a shopping cart error message. Sorry about that, it has now been fixed :)

MP

« Reply #12 on: 7 Apr 2009, 12:21 am »
Hi All

I just ordered one of these--my second one!  I built one several years ago and have had great results.  But for some reason, I thought the grass may be greener with the Vandersteen sub.  Bottom line, I just sold the Vandy--it wasn't in the same league as the Titan II.  If you can work wood at all--buy one of these kits before they are gone.  It's an easy build, and the results are well worth it.

Brandon Green

« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2009, 07:25 pm »
Are these drivers still available with the coupon code? I can't seem to find it on the B-Stock page. 

Thanks

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2009, 12:39 am »
Are these drivers still available with the coupon code? I can't seem to find it on the B-Stock page. 

Thanks

Brandon:

It is the second item on this page:

http://www.audioc.com/specials1/b3.htm

You can use the coupon code. As of this morning there were a handful available . . .

Brandon Green

« Reply #15 on: 21 Apr 2009, 01:07 am »
I tried adding it to my cart but it says

We were unable to complete your request.

MD4309 is not a valid customer code.

Also I want just the driver, not the amp too.

Thanks

Todd Johnson

« Reply #16 on: 21 Apr 2009, 02:49 am »
Hi.  I pasted the coupon code in the comments section of the shopping cart, but the price still shows 449 on the confirm order screen. When does the price get updated?  I haven't pressed submit yet on the order.

thanks!
todd

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #17 on: 21 Apr 2009, 11:15 am »
Hi.  I pasted the coupon code in the comments section of the shopping cart, but the price still shows 449 on the confirm order screen. When does the price get updated?  I haven't pressed submit yet on the order.

thanks!
todd

Todd:

$75 off for a single, $150 off for a pair . . .  Coupon Code MD4309     Copy and paste this in the shopping cart comments section, we manually correct the invoice before processing . .  .  thanks!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #18 on: 21 Apr 2009, 11:16 am »
I tried adding it to my cart but it says

We were unable to complete your request.

MD4309 is not a valid customer code.

Also I want just the driver, not the amp too.

Thanks

The B-stock page item is a "kit" including the driver and amp. If you want to order just a driver, please email sales@audioc.com and they'll get you set up. Thanks!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2009, 05:17 pm »
Bump . . . . we still have two left. Coupon code is still valid . . .  grab one or two while you can  8)