GAS Flea Market thread

vintage9594

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #700 on: 31 Dec 2023, 01:02 am »
I have a nice pair of McIntosh MC75’s for sale.  These are original with no modifications done to them.  The amps play and sound great with zero noise or hum. One amp has the top corners on one end bent, they both have no pitting on the chrome, lettering is clear.  Tubes are included.  See photos for details on the condition.  I am open to offers for local sale only.  Text to 314-532-0095 for questions.

Thanks

Mr Peabody

« Reply #701 on: 14 Jan 2024, 04:43 pm »
My Clear Audio Performance DC has not sold yet.  Comes with Maestro cart and record clamp.

$2k local sale or pick-up only   

mitch stl

« Reply #702 on: 16 Jan 2024, 10:11 pm »
SOLD 1/18/24 -- Schiit Asgard 3 preamp/headphone amp with built-in ES9028 DAC card (USB C input only.)  Black case, in excellent condition. $379 new, asking $250, shipping included if not a local pickup (US Continental only.) Paypal if shipped, or cash if local pickup. Lightly used -- only selling as I don't use it enough.

« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2024, 03:24 am by mitch stl »

Cz606

« Reply #703 on: 21 Jan 2024, 05:36 pm »
I've got three sets of speakers at I need them out of the house prices. Will let the forum have first crack and then will list for more elsewhere. I'm at the bottom of what I can do unless you want all three in which case, I'll knock off another $100.

Bose 901 Series 1 complete with EQ and Tulip Stands - $500:

These present very nicely and are about the only speakers I've owned that my wife liked the aesthetic. There are some light scratches on the top and dings on the bases of the tulip stands, the latter of which were from vacuum cleaners of the previous owner. I've not tried to repaint the stands or buff out the scratches because these already present very well. Happy to get zoomed in pictures to anyone who wants them.

JBL 4311B - $250:

At the other end is a pair of JBL4311b. They came from the estate of someone who worked in radio and were likely mounted in a station at some point. I intended to restore these, but haven't gotten around to it yet so probably never will. They have bumps and bruises and each has a screw coming out of the side, where I'm assuming they were mounted. This all said, they work. Great for a garage setup or a restoration.

Cerwin Vega 212 - $150:

These have been re-foamed using the CV orange as of a couple years ago. I just never use them. Would be a nice set for someone getting into vintage audio. I can't seem to get the pictures to load for this, but will try again or can send via PM.

For pickup in Creve Coeur area. Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #704 on: 24 Jan 2024, 07:03 pm »
How's the 2270 sounding? What are you playing it through?  8)

Cz606

« Reply #705 on: 25 Jan 2024, 11:47 pm »
It’s great! Plays through the Cornscalas I’ve got set up downstairs. My son loves when we make Mariokart loud :)

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #706 on: 26 Jan 2024, 06:06 pm »
It’s great! Plays through the Cornscalas I’ve got set up downstairs. My son loves when we make Mariokart loud :)

That is awesome! I'm so glad to hear it may live on to have another generation enjoy it!  :D

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #707 on: 31 Jan 2024, 10:16 pm »
Here's one pair of modern classic tube pieces!  A way to get into 2/3 of a full tube separate system at a relatively modest cost.

This is a matching pair of Hagerman kits-fully built and operational!  I tested these and had a few happy hours of listening, but decided that I didn't have a permanent place for them in my system.

So, here they are.

The Cornet2 has a useful stereo/mono switch on the front, and comes with a Brimar 13D5 tube in the 12AU7 position and RCA 12AX7s, the Clarinet comes with Telefunken 12AU7s.  Both units have a lot of fancy Auricaps installed, too.  Expensive upgrades!

Both feature real tube-rectified power supplies and power transformers, unlike the switch mode supplies Hagerman uses today.

​The condition is a strong Audiogon 7, as there's a few scrapes and scratches visible, but nothing earth-shattering.  Please note that the knobs on the Clarinet face the opposite of how I'd mount them, but I didn't have any other knobs here to swap.

Asking $850 for both.

« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2024, 09:18 am by vinyldavid »

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
LSA VT 150 - $1800
Purchased just eight months ago from Walter at UnderwoodHiFi, the LSA VT-150 is an excellent tube amp, with the added benefit of actually being a two input amplifier. Switchable from RCA and XLR inputs (I'll include a pair of RCA to XLR adapters) allow you to connect two components, making this essentially a two input integrated amplifier.

Power output is 60 WPC up to 80 WPC depending on how you bias the tubes. Biased in the low range, you get longer tube life and a robust 60 watts OR biased high, and get up to 80 watts. Simple biasing by using the VU meters on the front to determine low or high output. Pretty cool feature I've not seen on any previous amps I've owned. Links of praise shown here:

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/2023/07/lsa-vt-150-stereo-tube-amplifier-appraised/
https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/lsa-vt-150-80-wpc-power-amplifier-review/
https://www.stereophile.com/content/lsa-vt-70-integrated-amplifier (baby brother)

From the manufacturer/distributer Underwood HiFi: https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/lsa-amplifiers.

Rated 8 because it came with one minor scuff (not a scratch) to the finish on one side that you can't see unless I point it out. Otherwise in perfect condition. Dead quiet, very detailed and, it looks great. A terrific amp for the $$. Read the many glowing reviews online.

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary - $1000 ($1500 new)

Just over one year old in perfect shape, a great pair of affordable "bookshelf" speakers.  Pretty big for bookshelf speakers though at 22.2" x 11.8" x 13.0".  Excellent bass response, great soundstage/imaging.  Overall a typical British sound as expected.  A zillion great reviews. The come with grills not shown (never used).

Why this is sideways I don't know...

40Hz ~ 20kHz
Bass Driver:
8"(200mm) black woven Kevlar® cone
Midrange Driver:   
5"(135mm) black woven Kevlar® cone
Treble Driver:   1" (25mm) soft dome
Sensitivity (2.0V @ 1m):   90dB
Recommended Amplifier Power:   25-200W

I have it set up in my living room until it's sold, so you can come by and listen if you like. I'll also throw in a pair of speaker stands at no cost.  I have two different pairs to choose from.

I'll also be selling the turntable and my BlueSound Node at some point as well.  ALSO, I HAVE ALL THE BOXES FOR THE AMP AND SPEAKERS.

kentj1948

Pair of PS Audio Statement Power Cords, 2 Meter Length
« Reply #709 on: 14 Feb 2024, 08:14 pm »
I have two of these AC cords, each is 2 meters long and in excellent condition.  I believe that this model was the top of the line at one point.  They sold new for $899.00 each.  I am asking $350 for both.  They are black with a braided nylon exterior.  Thanks for checking out my ad.  Kent 636-399-8053   

lofreek

« Reply #710 on: 11 Mar 2024, 08:50 pm »
Hello! I've got a couple of cool pieces of gear to sell. First is a Benchmark DAC2 HGC. This DAC / preamp has a full array of analog and digital inputs, balanced and unbalanced analog outs, a headphone amp, and remote. Used in a smoke free studio. Asking $1k.

Second is a Musical Fidelity M1ViNL phono preamp. Incredibly versatile, you can switch loading and such on the fly. Balanced and unbalanced outputs. Asking $700.

Thanks for looking! I'm in Maryland Heights, MO. Email at lkornfeld47@gmail.com

Scott F.

« Reply #711 on: 30 Mar 2024, 12:20 am »
!!!! SOLD !!!!

Up for sale is the latest iteration of my system, Mac and B&W (amp, pre and speakers). Everything is in fine shape. No major blemishes, dents or scratches. As I’m heading into retirement, I’m getting back into Single Ended Triodes. I’ve had this system for right at 10 years now and it’s been flawless.

Here are the pieces:
Pre - McIntosh C220 tubed pre with tubed phono
Amp – McIntosh MC452, 450wpc
Speakers – B&W 800 Nautilus, Diamond tweeter, Series 1
(nothing else is for sale)

So, here’s the deal…and it’s a good one. Current market has the Pre at ~$3500, the Amp at $5500, and the speakers at ~$9000. All in, that’s $18k. I’m looking to get $12k to a LOCAL buyer. I WILL NOT ship any of this gear. It’s too damned heavy and is subject to get destroyed in shipping. I am absolutely FIRM in the pricing as it is priced crazy cheap already. If you know Mac gear, it’s the only one out there that doesn’t depreciate, it appreciates, making it a decent audio investment.

If you are a flipper, there is plenty of meat left on the bone. If you are looking to upgrade, you’re getting a killer deal. If you are from out of town, this price makes it worth the drive (think, fly, rent a truck and drive back). Oh, I’ve got the boxes and pallets for the Mac amp and B&W speakers. Not sure I have the original box for the pre. I might. I’ll have to look in the barn. Oh (2), the boxes and packing materials have been stored in my barn. Expect the smells associated with a barn to be on the boxes. I’ve got all the manuals too. I’ll dig those out.

No pets and a non-smoking home. If you are interested, ping me while it’s still up. In the next month or so, I’ll be pulling the system down and commissioning the new SET system. If you decide you want the system, I’ll hire a couple large humans to carry the amp (150#) and speakers (275# each) up from my basement. It took three of us to get them down the basement. After that, they are yours to deal with….sorry, I’m not as young as I used to be.

Pics

« Last Edit: 5 Apr 2024, 10:04 pm by Scott F. »

lubertjoe

« Reply #712 on: 30 Mar 2024, 09:54 pm »
Let me know how to contact about the items for sale.

mitch stl

« Reply #713 on: 10 Apr 2024, 01:43 am »
For Sale -- Schiit Loki Mini 4 band equalizer - silver case. $80  Works great. Only reason I'm selling it is that I've upgraded to their 6 band Lokius model.

vinyldavid

« Reply #714 on: 14 Apr 2024, 01:55 am »
DIY Stereo/Dual Mono 300B amplifier.  I was told that it may have issues, but I can't see anything obviously burnt.  Haven't powered it on due to the warning.

$600, comes with two more 300Bs as well as the tubes shown in it.

vinyldavid

« Reply #715 on: 14 Apr 2024, 02:08 am »
Three things I am listing here before I list elsewhere:

1) Marantz 8B.  Fully, 100% turnkey restored.  With original box.  Exceptional condition.  I also have a tube cage that goes with it, in the same amazing condition.  During the restoration, it was discovered that one bias pot was bad, and another was installed underneath.  I also have an original Marantz doc that goes with it.  All tubes tested strong.

It is likely that you will never, ever find another nicer one in this town.
$4500

2) Esoteric Audio Research (EAR, Tim DeParavicini) 864 Tube Linestage, full function, with phono stage.  Gone through recently by our own Mike Missel and pronounced excellent.

$2500

3) Michell FocusOne turntable with clamp, SME 3009II tonearm, Shure V15 Type II Cartridge, Dustcover.  In excellent working condition.

$1500

vinyldavid

« Reply #716 on: Yesterday at 02:51 am »
Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MkII, low hour, $750

Benz Micro Glider H, FGII Vinyl, used five hours.  $800

ShelTer 501MkII.  Used, unknown hours, but sounds very good and looks mint.  $500

JICO SAS (original, 2014/5) Replacement upgrade stylus for the Shure V15III.  Still sealed, completely unopened.  $200

JICO SAS/S Repalcement Upgrade Stylus for the Shure V15V and VMR, but not the VxMR, still sealed, completely unopened.  $250

Crown 4 Space Rack Case, originally for the DC300AII.  Average condition.  $150obo.