Audeze LCD-2

FireGuy

Audeze LCD-2
« on: 12 Oct 2016, 04:30 pm »
Spent some eval time on the LCD-2 Vs. the HIFIMAN HE-400.  Both of these orthodynamic designs are exceptional at their price point.  This short post is about the LCD-2.  Easily the best can I've had the opportunity to road test.  The HE-400 is slightly veiled with direct comparison to the Audeze.  The LCD-2 spacious presentation is astounding.  Very well balanced.  So damn enjoyable.  Of course, the Schiit Valhalla (with all my headphones) provided the amplification to make them sing.  The HIFMAN's I should add are no slouch.  Just not quite up the level of the Audeze.  Nice job Audeze, nice job. 

zoom25

Re: Audeze LCD-2
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2016, 05:47 pm »
Enjoy! The LCD-2's (pre-fazor) are the sweetest sounding headphones I've heard to date.

milford3

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2016, 06:50 pm »
I enjoy my LCD2's every night.  FireGuy,  I concur about the brilliance of a headphone that costs just under 1k.  I have a plethora of headphones and the Audeze is always on the top of my list.

SlushPuppy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2016, 12:41 am »
I love mine! They were my first high-end headphone purchase and I was lucky to get a really good deal on MusicDirect a few months ago. They are powered by a Mytek Brooklyn DAC and they make a sweet combination.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2016, 01:18 pm »
Question: the LCD-2 has more harmonics than the HE400?

milford3

« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2016, 02:02 pm »
Question: the LCD-2 has more harmonics than the HE400?

Oh yeah they do.  Your brain swims in harmonics.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2016, 04:57 pm »
Thanks for inform, this good news for sure.
I emailed Audeze custumer service 04OCT no reply so far.