Frykleaner Parts

jcmjrt

Frykleaner Parts
« on: 13 Dec 2006, 06:12 pm »
HI Jim,

I just went to jameco.com and some of the parts have changed and one isn't available. The part that isn't available (with no given subs) is ICL8038 #51879. What part should I order?

Just to keep you UTD on their parts:
The LED, 2N3904, LM358 and DC jacks now require a minimum purchase of 10 vice 1.
The 1000uf 25V cap #158297 is no longer available but they list a sub part #607718PS that seems to have the same basic specs.

hagtech

Re: Frykleaner Parts
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2006, 06:36 pm »
I think it is time to change the FRYKLEANER parts list to Mouser.  Without the 8038 the Jameco becomes useless.  Even Mouser only has the NTE864 as a substitute.  That's why the FRYBABY was redesigned around different chips.  What used to be cheap and available is now costly and hard to find.

If I had any spare I'd send you one, but I too am presently out.  I should have a new Mouser PL in a day or two.

jh :(

jcmjrt

« Reply #2 on: 13 Dec 2006, 07:52 pm »
Hi Jim,

Ordering from mouser sounds OK. I'll be awaiting the updated parts list. Thanks.

hagtech

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2006, 01:18 am »
Ok, new parts list for FRYKLEANER is online.  This one is for Mouser.  Looks like everything is available and in stock (at the moment).  Upgraded wall wart to work at any line voltage.

http://www.hagtech.com/pdf/frykleaner.pdf

jh :)

jcmjrt

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2006, 02:41 am »
Hi Jim,

I placed my order and everything was available. :)

A couple of items that you may want to look at:

Qty 10 for 2n3906 There is no minimum quantity to buy so I think that the quantity should be 1
1K ohm resistor - part number 291-1.0K-RC gives no return on the search so I think that it should be 291-1K-RC which gives a 1/4W carbon film 5% resistor.

Hopefully the mail won't be too slow because of the holidays and I'll be happily burning in cables before XMAS. Thanks for getting the new parts list together so quickly.