Humble and Lonewolf....who needs RMAF???

Captain Humble

Re: Humble and Lonewolf....who needs RMAF???
« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2007, 12:09 pm »

More picks of our visit to Art's in my gallery!
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=1228

I'm out of time right now but will post a proper thank you to Art soon. Wink2

martyo

« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2007, 12:36 pm »
It was a pleasure to finally meet you Chris, and thanks from me too for the 2 "rave" discs. Thanks for hooking me up with Bill AND we have our own original "speaker leaner" picture of you with what will be our pair of speakers.

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2007, 12:49 pm »
:lol:  We did hit a run of 80's songs that was pretty entertaining there towards the end...that Ben Vaughn disc you let me burn is seriously addicting...I find it hard to start my day without the "Too Happy" track... :thumb:

That is the disc you played for me correct? For the life of me I could not remember the name, got it now! Thank you!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #23 on: 16 Oct 2007, 05:11 pm »
WOW, what an eyecandy presentation you have there Arthur, It's totally understandable to me now why topround stood up his wife  :green: Definitely the best looking display of lighting & room treatment that i've seen in a long time. The sound had to have surpassed even that. Who could have resisted staying for just 1 more CD?  :drool: :lol:

Robin

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #24 on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:56 pm »

More picks of our visit to Art's in my gallery!

I'm out of time right now but will post a proper thank you to Art soon. Wink2

That's Lonewolfe?  Or is that his descendant? :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #25 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:24 am »
satfrat.....

WOW, what an eyecandy presentation you have there Arthur, It's totally understandable to me now why topround stood up his wife . Definitely the best looking display of lighting & room treatment that i've seen in a long time. The sound had to have surpassed even that. Who could have resisted staying for just 1 more CD?
OK Robin.....what are you smoking up there.... :jester:

Art is in Fort Worth, Texas (nice room)....those speakers are the LS6's.....
Mike/topround heard the SP Tech's in Denver at Steve's house. Seems you got the threads mixed up....but having been to both Art's and Steve's....they both have excellent systems. :wink:

goldlizsts....
That's Lonewolfe?  Or is that his descendant?
No Shek....its me in Fort Worth....my 2nd. stop on the way to RMAF.
Thought you were going.....missed you there.

Chris

Captain Humble

« Reply #26 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:24 am »
This was the third year that Lonewolf and I attended RMAF together and the second year that he paid me a visit prior to the show.  I hope this tradition continues for many years to come.

David Thomas once said that unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.  If that’s the case perhaps we should lengthen Chris’s nickname to the “Radiant Ruler” because he truly goes out of his way to touch everyone he meets in most positive way. 

Chris and I hooked up at DFW Airport Wednesday afternoon, made a brief stop for lunch and headed for Art’s place in Fort Worth.  I had no clue of the treat we would find at our journey’s end.  Art and his wife are gracious hosts, their home is both beautiful and comfortable and the sound room….simply put I’ve never seen anything like it.  Well in magazines maybe, but certainly not in person.

Art’s room is the total package.  The décor is stunning, tasteful and functional complete with room treatments that masquerade as art.  Notice the columns in the photo.  The large painting behind his gear is most interesting while the strategic implementation of decorative lighting takes the already striking room to quite another level.

His gear is certainly in harmony with this room both aesthetically and sonically.
The warm glow from the Vac’s tubes complement the décor and set high expectations of what was to come.  When Art touched the play button I wasn’t disappointed.  The music was smooth, dynamic and emotionally involving.  For my ears, the system offers just the right amount of resolution without sacrificing the warmth associated with live music.

It was also great seeing Ken.
I bought an ACI Titan II LE sub from him back in 2003 when I was running nOrh Marble 9.0’s.  It's a very nice sub and I still use it for home theater.  As Chris mentioned above, Ken volunteered to get us back out to the main highway and that was greatly appreciated.

Thanks Art!  :thumb:
I look forward to getting together again soon!

In the event anyone missed my earlier post here's a link to the pictures I took at Art's.

Jeff

jimdgoulding

« Reply #27 on: 19 Oct 2007, 05:24 am »
Mr. Art-  I'm a newbie, I believe that's the vernacular, and I'm wondering if you might extend an invitation to me?  I formerly lived in Fart Worth for 10 years.  In Berkley Heights, if you know where that is.  Not to far from Mac's House (of Mole), as it was once affectionately known.  Used to eat (and drink) at Caro's (the Curzon location) every Friday night with my neighbors.  Neither of these is still there, I know.  But something of less distinction is for sure, right?  But Angelo's is!  King of ribs.  My mouth's waterin as I type.  You're a lucky man.  Is Robert Ealey's lil blues shack still there?  He and his house band The Five Careless Lovers?  Saw The Fabulous Thunderbirds there one nite with a horn section!  Must a been 110 degrees in that puppy when everybody hit the dance floor (what there was of it).  Great town.  I understand that Caravan of Dreams closed.  WTF?

arthurs

« Reply #28 on: 19 Oct 2007, 01:57 pm »
Jim - you are welcome to come by whenever you are up my way, just let me know.  Art