DSotM in 4.1 Quad

iGrant

DSotM in 4.1 Quad
« on: 19 Sep 2009, 04:31 pm »
If you are in and around Calgary tomorrow (Sunday) I'll be running Dark Side of the Moon, the Alan Parson's Mix in the ballroom at the Carriage House. 24/96 DVD-Audio, this is my favourite version of DSotM, much more fun than the 2 channel version and basically the only reason personally for me to run a multi-channel setup.

Gear:

-The stunning looking and sounding Compact MB-8 Audiophile 5.1 HT speaker system.
-Jungson AV-1000D, 6 x 80 Class A Integrated Amp
- Grant Fidelity MDVD-100 Tube DVD Player (sorry only one in existence)

I'll play DSotM at least 3 times. Will also be demostrating how much better DVD concerts sound in 2 channel than surround formats on the same system. The AV-1000D has a simple 'put me in 2 channel' button that puts all the resources into a wicked 2 channel Class A amp for music.

We won't have as much gear as last months show, because my back hasn't quite recovered, but still lots of goodies to see, hear and play with, including Rachel's very cool 'Audio for Girls' gear that all the guys seem to want for the office, etc.

We do this once a month in Calgary at the Carriage House Inn and welcome others to demonstrate their gear.

Cheers,
Ian